Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-07-2007, 07:45 AM   #81
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: natural child birth who's doing it / trying it?

I had DD completely natural and in the tub at the birth center.

This guy will also be completely natural - definitely at the birth center, probably in the water as well. I did it before, I know I can do it again.

Wife to Jay , mom to DD Cooper (10/2004) and DS Carter (01/2008)
ScorpioGrrl75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:39 PM   #82
My Mood:

i want to go naturally but i also know my limits so if i get to that point i will get some sort of medication though i think i can do it
jillianh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:44 PM   #83
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
the 1st baby is normally the hardest birth... so don't base things off that.
ITA with this. At least, it was also my experience that the next two were nothing like the first. I am going to go natural this time -- no meds.

My first DD was induced, demerol shot, epidural, etc... and I ended up with a 9lb 12oz girl and a 3rd degree episiotomy. It was a long and difficult delivery and recovery.

My second DD was induced (only cervadil, no pit), but my labor pains were nothing like with my first. I did not have any real pain until after my water broke, and she was born an hour later. I had one shot of stadol that maybe eased the pain of one contraction. The recovery was a million times better, though, than with my first.

With my third DD, I thought I'd be smart and avoid even the hour of pain I had with DD#2. It all backfired! I got my epidural at 6 cm just as they broke my water. It only numbed my right half, dropped my blood pressure, and stopped my contractions completely. I had to get pitocin to start my contractions again. What was worse was feeling the pit induced contractions fully on my left side. My recovery was not as good as with my second DD because I couldn't get up and move around for several hours after the birth. The right side that was numb from the epidural was so numb, I couldn't even sit up in my bed.

So, from my experiences, the recovery will be much, much better if I go natural. I don't want to be miserable when I should be enjoying my newborn.
Katrina - Mommy to Kaitlin (4/5/96), Kayley (8/12/99), Kelsey (8/11/06), Jacob (5/11/08), and Max (4/16/10)
I digitize graphics for embroidery Click here for pics of digitized graphics.
Click here for Katrina's Sew Quick Soaker Pattern. It's free! Free embroidery designs.
ktrina is offline   Reply With Quote