Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2007, 04:40 PM   #1
zenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
nursing babies with food allergies question

how long does allergenic food stay in the system? can you pump and dump?
dd is on a dairy, soy, wheat, nut, fish and egg free diet...i was wondering if i could cheat and eat some lol....she nurses only at night and very rarely during the day...
thnaks

Advertisement

Denise, wife to Mike since 6-15-2002, PTWOHM and College Student Mommy to Samuel Wyatt (8-24-04) (who has a blue belt in Shaolin Kung-Fu) and cding, co-sleeping Andrea Rachelle (10-11-06) (Our Celiac Disease, Seizure having beauty queen).
Maybe you're offended b/c you know it's the truth!
zenmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:21 PM   #2
mommyto2girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: nursing babies with food allergies question

I have no idea but from what I can tell it can take awhile to be complettly out of your system

good luck momma!! I hope someone has a better answer for you....I know how you feel 'sorta'

I'm want some oranges/orange juice soooo bad but dd bum breaks out every time I eat them
Old 12-07-2007, 08:52 PM   #3
ThatLinGirl
Registered Users
seller

It can take awhile. Depends how sensitive your babe is -- definitely more than a day, probably more than a couple of days. Some foods longer than others -- especially dairy.

Keep in mind that even if your milk contains amounts too small for her to visably react to, you are sensitizing her, which means it will probably take longer for her to outgrow the allergies or sensitivities.

Best to not do it -- and I'm out 25+ major foods nursing my daughter, so know I don't take saying that lightly.

Lindsay, mama to Caroline Lois (05/28/06) and scrunchy new Kate (12/31/08)
ThatLinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #4
notsomuch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm on a similar diet. With the first, I cheated a little more. With this one, man. I thought, "Naa. She won't react to raspberries. I'll just have some Raspberry salad dressing." Bam! rash. But, I can cheat VERY RARELY with milk products ( I mean things with whey or some small amount in it). There are some things I can cheat on, but there are several that she clearly reacts to. I believe it can stay in your system for 7 days. Don't quote me on it. But, I'm most positive.
an 8 year old ,(VBAC), and a 4 year old (VBAC #2)
Why on earth is this laundry lady smiling?
notsomuch is offline   Reply With Quote