View Poll Results: where do you bf your LO
everywhere 145 81.92%
mostly in private 28 15.82%
other (explain) 4 2.26%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-09-2007, 10:22 AM   #21
jillianh
Banned

My Mood:
Re: where will you bf?

i plan on feeding wherever and whenever she's hungry. some places i may be more discrete than others (church i'd bring a blanket) but whenever and wherever she's hungry

Advertisement

jillianh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:24 AM   #22
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7s View Post
One time we were at a church picnic and she said she had to take her baby home to eat.. DH was like "what did she leave her boobs at home??"
LOL love that! Same thing happened at a company summer picnic - a coworker walked all the way back to her car (across the park) to feed her LO - I was like - huh, look at that lovely spot over there in the shade under that tree... What's so great about the car in the summer???
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:24 AM   #23
spacetygrss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'll nurse most places, but I'll always look for a private place in the area if possible. I typically have a bottle of BM with me so that I can feed DS if we are stuck in traffic so if I still have it and we're not going anywhere for awhile sometimes I'll just let him have it if he's already drank from the bottle earlier (don't want to waste my milk!). Of course, I'll pump my breast later if I do this.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:43 AM   #24
niece
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm on my 3rd BFing LO, so I'm not shy. Altough I do try to be discreate. If we are out and about I'll sit in an area out of the way and hold DS's little hand so he can't lift my shirt up for show and tell. The one place where I wll leave the main room is the LDS church DS#1 attends cub scouts. They have a room just for nursing mothers w/ comfy chairs. I'm the only nursing mom right now so it gets kind of lonely in there, but it's kind of an unwriten rule to use the room and since we're guests at the church I comply and it's only once a month.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:41 PM   #25
ProudHooahWife
Registered Users

I'll nurse anywhere and everywhere. I oldest at starnge places like walking around the flea market...lol. My youngest has been nursed at so many strange places it isn't even funny because we always have somewhere to go since my oldest is well older. This summer we went on vacation and I am proud to say that my youngest was nursed at all the National Momuments in DC and in Arlington Cemetary...lol. He was going trough a growth spurt and I just let him latch and stay latched. I don't cover either. At church now that DS is older I do go to the nursing Momma's room but if I couldn't I would feed him right there.
ProudHooahWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 02:36 PM   #26
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i think its hard to say so far.... once ds and i get the whole breastfeeding thing down, after hes born, then i will nurse wherever hes hungry, but until he and i get in sync, i dont want anyone looking at me, talking to me about it or anything else or even acknowledging my presence, lol. but once we have the whole thing down pat, then i'll nurse wherever we want. If my SIL can wear the clothes she wears (shes a stripper) with her fake breasts hanging out, nipple and all, I can feed my kid wherever I damn well please.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:41 PM   #27
Bunny
Be strong little marshmallow.
Formerly: s**e**h
seller

When DS was nursing I would nurse him wherever, whenever. If we were in a loud area I would try to find a quieter spot, but nothing really phased him once he latched on.
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:06 PM   #28
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

anywhere..but depending on whos around I do cover up at times
Old 12-09-2007, 03:19 PM   #29
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I feed anywhere and everywhere.. I do not feel like I should have to take special precautions to feed my child.. If she's hungry, I whip out the boob. I do not cover up either, since it just ticks DD off anyways. If someone doesnt want to ssee my breast performing it's natural function, they can choose not to look at us or leave the area.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:26 PM   #30
kulaswifeandmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SativaStarr View Post
I feed anywhere and everywhere.. I do not feel like I should have to take special precautions to feed my child.. If she's hungry, I whip out the boob. I do not cover up either, since it just ticks DD off anyways. If someone doesnt want to ssee my breast performing it's natural function, they can choose not to look at us or leave the area.
Totally agree with you, Amanda.

I NEVER cover up..or go in a different room/area.. Not happening. If you don't like it, WALK AWAY or don't look!
& Emris (6/27/11) Pregnant with #5, a boy! Due 11/10/14
kulaswifeandmama is offline   Reply With Quote