Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2007, 01:51 PM   #11
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I don't get EBF for 12 months?

My little man is going on 8 months old and is still EBF (NOTHING else). I do not see the point in rushing him to eat solids. I don't know. I guess I don't have a good reason/excuse but that is because I do not feel that I NEED to have one.

Not angry at you, OP, just voicing my

Advertisement

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:52 PM   #12
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2girls View Post
I think it's important to tout the benefits of exclusively BFing (EBF=Exclusively Breastfed=Nothing but breastmilk, nothing) because so many people are so anxious to start at 6 or even 4 months. Breastmilk is the superior infant food and should be the primary source of nutrition for the first year, so why replace that with something less? I'm not against offering some solids for experimentation/touch/texture, but I nurse to fullness first.
EXACTLY! Both my kids were EBF until after 12months (ONLY breastmilk from Mom) they had no interest in anything else! I think 6months is too young for their little bodies to have solids.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:05 PM   #13
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think it strongly depends on the child. Some are content with nothing but milk, while others need food before 12 months. DD was 10 month when she started on solids and it was by her choice alone.. she actually started self feeding from her brothers scraps that he'd throw from his high chair tray. She would (and still does) crawl over and park herself beneath his chair and catches his crumbs But I do agree on the convenience factor.. DD will be 1 on 12/15 and is still mostly breastfed.. I love not having to worry about food with her when we're on the go.. my boobs is all she *really* needs
Old 12-11-2007, 02:06 PM   #14
oneofsix
Registered Users

My Mood:

For me its just cause its what my babies want, I feel thats the way it was designed and its just economically and enviornmentally better. Bfing does nothing for my fertility lol, I wish! I do think baby food is a hassle though, its messy and an extra chore. The longer I can delay that the better. Also if it keeps my babies healthier I am all for that.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:06 PM   #15
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannondicarpo View Post
I guess I don't have a good reason/excuse but that is because I do not feel that I NEED to have one.
SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:07 PM   #16
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well I didn't deny DS2 food but he really didn't start eating meals until he was about a year, he would snack a little but he was really more interested in nursing.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:16 PM   #17
boriquaqueen
Registered Users

My Mood:

I EBF'd for 9 months giving solids like once every 2 wks or so. i stopped ebf'ing because he was teething his 2 top and 2 bottom teeth were coming out at the same time and in the extreme pain that he was in he went on a strike i had to pump 3 times in order for him to drink once i cannot pump anything out, it was very hard to do that since i have 3 kids that instead of giving him formula i started giving food. i ebf'ed cause it's alot healthier for baby
wife to my bestfriend mother to ben 9 , brian 2 , and joshua 1 A Pagan, bf'ing, cd'ing, baby wearing, ap loving, vax'ing, co-sleeping, semi-natural SAHM to 3 intact boys ~~MY EBAY FEEDBACK~~ I've been a member for 2 yrs now 100% feedback I don't buy much but when I buy I PAY...
http://myworld.ebay.com/bibi6798 ISO large diapers or anything diaper related
boriquaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:26 PM   #18
tracyb928
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We EBF until about 8 months, and then started experimenting, but dd still prefers bm and gets NO nutrition from solid food (because she doesn't eat any of it regularly or reliably)....I'm actually glad that she prefers bm over food because I know she is getting nutritionally superior content than what normal babyfood has, and I know that she is getting enough of it as well! I also love the convenience factor!! I don't have to worry about taking anything with me, so its not a big deal if I forget a "snack" (fruit or something like that), which I do frequently!
www.twomommasdesigns.com www.hyenacart.com/queencitymamas/
tracyb928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:11 PM   #19
marymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my boy is 8 months old and i've tried to give him solids here and there but he has no interest.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:57 PM   #20
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:

My DD is 8 1/2 months. She breast feeds a lot and almost all night.
That said, she also eats baby food at least twice a day. i started all my kids on baby food around 6 months of age. We have no food allergies or sensitivities here.

My kids love to eat. They all would eat baby food and breast milk all day if i let them.

I LOVE breastfeeding but EBF is not for my babies.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote