Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2007, 06:55 PM   #1
clarinetb's Avatar
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada!
Posts: 3,761
My Mood:
SIGG users - top for kids bottles

What do they look like? Do they have a 'sippy' cup option? They don't show what they look like on their site. I'd love to know or see pictures to see if it would work for our little one!

Thanks.
Lauren

Advertisement

__________________
Lauren - Mama to our little poppet (21-01-07) and new cutie pie (23-08-11)!
clarinetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:05 PM   #2
tazzae's Avatar
tazzae
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,006
My Mood:
Re: SIGG users - top for kids bottles

The sigg kids tops are not like a regular sippy cup. They are hard plastic, shaped sort of like twist spouts for sports bottles. I'll see if I can get a picture of ours. The Klean Kanteen kids bottle uses advent sippy tops and might be better for a younger child.
__________________
Tara, happily at home with dd Rowan(4/04)
tazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:53 PM   #3
clarinetb's Avatar
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada!
Posts: 3,761
My Mood:
Re: SIGG users - top for kids bottles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzae View Post
The sigg kids tops are not like a regular sippy cup. They are hard plastic, shaped sort of like twist spouts for sports bottles. I'll see if I can get a picture of ours. The Klean Kanteen kids bottle uses advent sippy tops and might be better for a younger child.
It would be wonderful if you'd be willing to take a picture

Thanks!
__________________
Lauren - Mama to our little poppet (21-01-07) and new cutie pie (23-08-11)!
clarinetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:29 PM   #4
tazzae's Avatar
tazzae
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,006
My Mood:
Re: SIGG users - top for kids bottles

I need to wait for dh to come home and find the camera...but, I finally found a picture of the spout online:
http://www.mamanista.com/2007/10/sig...eview-and.html
and another one--it's the middle picture
http://www.bayinghound.com/allaboutsiggs.html

Let me know if you still want an up-close picture,
Tara
__________________
Tara, happily at home with dd Rowan(4/04)
tazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:23 PM   #5
clarinetb's Avatar
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada!
Posts: 3,761
My Mood:
Re: SIGG users - top for kids bottles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzae View Post
I need to wait for dh to come home and find the camera...but, I finally found a picture of the spout online:
http://www.mamanista.com/2007/10/sig...eview-and.html
and another one--it's the middle picture
http://www.bayinghound.com/allaboutsiggs.html

Let me know if you still want an up-close picture,
Tara

That's great! Does it have a valve in it that they have to suck?

No need for a close-up picture as those definitely answer my question. I think it might be a bit hard for a one year old... hmmm, I might be better off with a Kleen Kanteen with a sippy lid for now...
__________________
Lauren - Mama to our little poppet (21-01-07) and new cutie pie (23-08-11)!
clarinetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:17 AM   #6
sahminaz's Avatar
sahminaz
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,070
My Mood:
Re: SIGG users - top for kids bottles

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetb View Post
That's great! Does it have a valve in it that they have to suck?

No need for a close-up picture as those definitely answer my question. I think it might be a bit hard for a one year old... hmmm, I might be better off with a Kleen Kanteen with a sippy lid for now...
They aren't hard to drink from. My 10 month old has been able to drink from it for a while now.
__________________
Thirty One Gifts
sahminaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:18 PM   #7
tazzae's Avatar
tazzae
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,006
My Mood:
Re: SIGG users - top for kids bottles

They don't have a valve (as far as I can remember). Dd had no trouble drinking out of it at 14 months. Although, she still has trouble opening it at 3 1/2 yo. It might also be worth noting that it is not leakproof unless the twist top is closed--so, if lo is drinking and tips it over, it will leak.

HTH,
Tara
__________________
Tara, happily at home with dd Rowan(4/04)
tazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:20 PM   #8
clarinetb's Avatar
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada!
Posts: 3,761
My Mood:
Re: SIGG users - top for kids bottles

Thanks. That is good to know. I thought it might be hard for them to drink from.
__________________
Lauren - Mama to our little poppet (21-01-07) and new cutie pie (23-08-11)!
clarinetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.