Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-11-2007, 09:34 PM   #31
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Anyone else hate the family bed?

I am sometimes that way too. We do have a king size but both DS and SO are wicked bed hogs. It's awful. I can't get very comfortable in 6 inches of space!!

mama2cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #32
Registered Users
My Mood:

Depends on which of the three kids is with us. All three, and we both end up in other beds, LOL. Allison is fine when she sleeps with us. Selah is a hyperactive octopus on a sugar kick. So, no co- sleeping with her unless she is sick or has a nightmare. Kennebrooke doesn't co sleep until the morning and then it's to nurse so that's OK.

*Most* nights we are on our own now (thank goodness!)
Blessed & joyful child of Christ, wife to B & seriously awesome mama to A, S, K, T & M, born 3/29/12
"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life." -Mark Twain
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:53 PM   #33
Registered Users
My Mood:

I couldn't do it.
Around the time my first son was born, there was a PSA on tv here saying that an adult/regular bed is unsafe for an infant and saying that in North America more babies die from accidental death in their parents beds than die of SIDS. It outlined the differences between them and what the sfety standards and features are of a crib. The little demo on that PSA scared the crap out of me, so I just could not sleep with my son in my bed. The couple times I brought him in, I would lie awake, so conscious of staying still and have paranoid, fitfull sleeps.
I also have had ds accidentally flip onto his tummy in our bed just from the force of me rolling over - that scared me too. I figure if I can't even roll over or have blankets up around my face, I just can't do it. I have a horrible back and I need to roll around alot to stay comfortable. I need restful sleep to be a good, patient mama . Sp my babies are next to my bed but safely in approved infant beds- first a bassinet, then a pack'n'play.
I also think that the foundation of my family is my relationship with dh and life is just so busy, so it's nice to have that special time alone (well, sort of) together even if mostly we're asleep.
Oh and I am a wicked kicker in my sleep when I'm dreaming. I've kicked the cat onto the floor and twice I've kicked dh right out onto the floor!
Griffinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:38 PM   #34
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by thirdtimemomma View Post
I would do the family bed if I had two King sized beds, with rails to keep the feet kicking contained..LOL I like what Dr. Sears says, if its not working for you then dont feel guilty.
YES! Wouldn't that be fantastic. I keep telling dh that when we build our new house I want 2 kings put together. I love my little ones very much but I can't wait until they will all go on and sleep in their own room. We usually start of with one or two extras in the bed but by morning sometimes there are as many as 5 kids fighting over bed space. I am usually clutching my side of the bed and praying that I don't fall off.

Kate~ Now an exhausted Mommy of 9!
tiredmommyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:25 AM   #35
Registered Users

I love it! I don't want my babies anywhere else but in bed with me and they don't want go anywhere else either . I wish DH could sleep with us, but he is sleeping in the other room and me and the boys in our queen bed. I am trying to tell dh to figure out how to get ds1 twin bed attached to our queen, but he says the sizes are different height wise we couldn't do it. I think he really likes being able to sleep in peace and quiet though.
*Meagan*Love being a SAH Homeschooling Mama to my 4 + Baby 5 due 10/14.

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote