Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2006, 11:20 AM   #1
eduprey85
Registered Users
seller

Help, New at Cloth Diapering!!

Ok, I'm definitely going for the pockets. I already have a 2 fuzzi bunz in the mail, I am really going for the fuzzi bunz. BUT I was wondering what all of you prefer...

Fuzzi Bunz
BumGenius
Swaddlebees??

I can't seem to decide, and I guess I should buy one of each to test them out. I really like the fuzzi bunz and the colors they offer...but I like the idea of bumgenius being 1 size... Swaddlebees, well I don't know much about them, I like the new velcro ones...but I'm not sure which work the best...

Give me some insite!!

Advertisement

eduprey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:22 AM   #2
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help, New at Cloth Diapering!!

I like and used them all at one point. Right now we are not currently using any FBs because they arent working for us.
I have 2 BG and a Few SS Swaddlebees that I really love because of the trimness.
So I would recommend any of those.

ETA: I havent tried the aplix SB but I hear they are great! I'd like to pick a few up since I seem to be enjoying aplix closure these days with a on-the go toddler in the house its much faster.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:32 AM   #3
aklausmeier
Registered Users

Well, I am a little biased since I make & sell pockets but I didn't when we first started out.

We had two in diapers and I went for a popular one size diaper & did not like them at all. They didn't fit as long as they said they would and sometimes left red marks from the adjustable size snaps on their inner thighs. BumGenius were not around then so I can't speak on them.

Since the red marks we decided to go with regular sizes and velcro like closures and stay away from snaps. My littlest one has worn a size medium since he was 5 1/2 months old & he is 15 months old now. The larges are still too big for him so I'm hoping they will see him through potty training. So, even though its a medium, he will probably be in the same size through his whole time he's in CD's(well, here's to hoping : )

All babies are different & I think its a good idea to try different diapers to find what works for you & your baby : )
Old 08-17-2006, 12:01 PM   #4
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:

I have used all of these at some time or other, and it really just depends on your child. DS is a very heavy front wetter, and I found SBs to be almost too trim to contain much. I liked FBs when he was in smalls, they were pretty much bulletproof for us, but after he outgrew them, I did not like the fit of mediums on him. They were too saggy. BGs I have used throughout so far and I like them okay. They don't seem to keep looking pristine and new wash after wash like the FBs did, but they do fit a wide range and contain messes pretty well. My favorite pockets are GADs (www.greenacredesigns.com), you can get custom slots every Thursday. They are side-snapping, which I really like, and she has lots of cute colors and prints to choose from. HTH!
Check out my knitting projects here and my stash here
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:03 PM   #5
cicily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use and love Swaddlebee's pockets. I have mostly aplix with a few of the snaps. The aplix is great and so easy. They don't make good overnight diapers, but we never have leaks during the day. I like to use the Swaddlebee's Hemp insert with a Happy Heiny's oval.

FYI: Granola Babies is having a sale on their SB's right now for $13.95 with FREE shipping for U.S. orders for over $20 and all orders below $20 ship for just $1.99.
cicily is offline   Reply With Quote