Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2007, 07:38 AM   #11
Jan
Registered Users

Re: Just about to throw in the towel, can you help?

I just wanted to encourage you in your breastfeeding. Keep trying and plugging away at it. Pumping after you have a shower is a really good idea. I also found that putting a warm cloth on my chest, just above where the pump sits, and gently massaging that area while the pump is going really helped me. I agree that in the end the pump and any breast milk you can get from it is more cost effective than exclusively feeding formula. I would also encourage you to continue to try to get your husband on board. Maybe he can sit with you and hold your baby close to you while your pumping. The stress coming from him probably isn't helping either.

Advertisement

Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:16 AM   #12
bunintheoven0619
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulusmom View Post
Your breasts produce future milk based on how much your lo is nursing currently. So keep that baby at the breastaurant to put his order in! Seriously, let him suckle all the time, as much as he will. To keep him from getting cranky you can feed formula but be sure to put him to the breast after he's done eating. The more he nurses, the more your body will kick into gear and make milk.

eta: If you need money, selling your pump off is like roasting the chicken you get eggs from. You may get some cash now, but all that formula really adds up!

LMBO at the "breastaurant"

For an update: I took a few days to honestly think about what I'm doing and to "have it out" with DH on this issue. I decided that this is something I WANT more than anythign to accomplish. He has promised to support me. I took all the bottles and put them in my closet so that I have to use the SNS and he has to let me use it. I've found a LLL leader and they are going to help me at the meetings. If anyone is in my area (Charleston, SC) I would love some help. I appreciate everyone's suggestions. From what I've read I should pump every two hours with a warm washcloth and feed baby before he is really hungry. I will update and let you all know what is happening and if I have any questions.

Thank you so much!

Jessica

ISO: SKC (Spooky Kitty Collective) fitteds and WWB (Wiggle Worm Bottoms) covers!!!
bunintheoven0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:43 AM   #13
starryeyedgyal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's awesome you decided to stand up for yourself! I'm so glad to hear that DH is supporting you now. Best of luck, I know you'll do fine with all that help. And be glad you're doing what's best for your LO!!
Old 12-12-2007, 11:08 AM   #14
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is sooooo wonderful that your DH is willing to support you in this. If he's anything like mine, he doesn't totally understand, but wants you to be happy and will do whatever it takes to help you out! Men! Gotta love them!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 11:42 AM   #15
luvmy2girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mama! Sounds like you're doing so awesome! I'm glad you stuck with it this long, it will only get easier. If you need the LLL 800# it's in my siggy!
Old 12-12-2007, 07:24 PM   #16
debmom2boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
seller
seller

My Mood:

Fingers crossed for you Jessica!
debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:20 PM   #17
mommyofmany
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes you can do this I only bf my now 3 yr old for a mth and when he was 7 mths old I started taking domperidone and pumping and in a mth I had a full supply. It's so worth it! My son had to be on a medical formula and once I got my milk back he had no problems. Best wishes mama
Old 12-12-2007, 09:51 PM   #18
bunintheoven0619
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Ahhh, thats what I needed to hear! Today went okay, stressful but okay. Dh worked late so I got to relax and nurse ds. I think he is actually getting some because he only took 2.5 ounces from the SNS and he normally takes 5-6 oz from a bottle. So my supply must be improving.

Jessica

ISO: SKC (Spooky Kitty Collective) fitteds and WWB (Wiggle Worm Bottoms) covers!!!
bunintheoven0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:06 PM   #19
journey
Banned
seller

Whenever my supply got low I always made sure I was drinking tons of water and would take my LO to bed with me and let him/her nurse all night while lying on my side. If that doesn't bulk you up I don't know what will. Oh and maybe you could try some of those mother's milk teas. If you have a local health food store around they may carry them or I'm sure you can find them online too. HTH. Keep up the goodwork mama, it's really worth it when it's all said and done.
journey is offline   Reply With Quote