Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2007, 12:20 PM   #31
r0b0tafflicti0n
Registered Users

Re: Nursing clothes - a necessity?

I sold all my nusing tanks: I prefer regular (Old Navy or Mossimo) tanks under my tops or to bed. They're stretchy/low cut enough to pull the neckline under my boob, and I pull my shirt over top of my boob so I'm pretty much all covered up (esp my gut, which I dread showing way more than some nip).

Advertisement

r0b0tafflicti0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:32 PM   #32
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I never wore them only the nursing bra part. But my sister hated the nursing bras too. She always wore regular bras - the kind that were scooped really low in the front on the cup - then she just pulled it out. She insisted on this for both of her sons. To each their own - I guess you will just need to experiment.

I don't know if you are having a home birth, but a mental note for me for the hospital - I want to have a nursing gown. With everyone visiting, the hospital gown suck, and one that is pretty to receive vistors and that you can easily nurse in would have been a good idea looking back on it.

I guess that would be the same at home too when people come to visit right away.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:54 PM   #33
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I liked them at first when I was learning to nurse discreetly in public (I don't use blankets to cover up.) Once I got the hang of it, it became more of a pain to use the nursing openings. When I wore one, I found myself just lifting up the bottom of the shirt to nurse just like a regular shirt, so I figured I could probably quit buying them.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:03 PM   #34
abhedger
Registered Users

My Mood:

I never had any nursing shirts. just nursing bras and one nursing tank from Target. Which btw, I didn't like. I only wore it around the house and to bed sometimes. I am "blessed" and so when I am nursing I am even more "blessed" It just didn't work for me, if I wanted to wear it out I felt like I had to wear a nursing bra under it so I wouldn't have a unaboob. I've decided this time around I'm just going to get some cheap tanks from Target and cute the straps and then sew bra hooks to each end so I can hook and unhook when I need to nurse. That's on my list of projects to do before baby comes , if I get it done I'll post pics on the craft thread.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:21 PM   #35
Pookamama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good info here. I am thinking I will probably get some nursing tanks to wear under shirts for #3, because I plan on wearing him/her in a MT or wrap, and it's nearly impossible to lift up a shirt and nurse when the babe is wrapped around me.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:05 PM   #36
CJKJ
Registered Users
seller

I don't ever use Nursing clothes. I usually wear a tank or cami. I have used the Bella Band under my tank if I know I'm going to be out somewhere and don't want my skin showing.
CJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:41 PM   #37
BelovedBird
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBink View Post
I'm due with my second little bub in March and plan to breastfeed. I've bought a handful of nursing tops but I'm wondering if it's really necessary. I've considered just buying a few nursing tanks to wear under my regular shirts when we're out in public but I wanted hear what works for you girls. TIA!
I'm on my 4th. Nursed the other 3 for 2-3 yrs. each. Never, ever owned any special nursing clothing. And I've nursed everywhere you can imagine (without exposing myself, btw, personal choice, not a judgement of others).