Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-18-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
Leigh Ann
Registered Users
seller

What AM I going to do??!!!

Man alive, Emma is stubborn!! We started her on a bottle at 3 weeks so that she would take one if/when needed. No problem!! Now, at 3 months she's decided NOT to take one afterall. We've tried and tried, and she's not having it. Well, I have to go for a colonoscopy on the 27th, and I'm not going to be here to feed her for several feedings. The doctor's office is an hour away, sedated for close to 2 hours, consult with the doctor afterwards, another hour home... It could easily be 6 hours that I'm away from her, and that's if all news is good news. How am going to do this!?? DH is staying home with the kids, and my mother is going with me. Even if Emma went with us there will be several hours when I CAN'T feed her. I need some ideas!

Advertisement

Leigh Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:18 PM   #2
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What AM I going to do??!!!

Do you have to have the test done now? Or can it be delayed until she is a bit older? Can you bring her with you? At least she would there and you chould feed her after the long drive, while waiting to get started and then after when your waiting for the results...maybe not if your going to have to be sedated

Has your DH tried giving her the bottle when your not there? Sometimes if baby knows mom is home they wont take the bottle. Sippy cup?

Just trying to throw some ideas out at you.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
Leigh Ann
Registered Users
seller

I guess I could postpone it, but it probably isn't a good idea. Two generations before me have had colon cancer so my chances are extremely high. I had it planned a year ago, and then I got pregnant with Emma so I had to postpone it. It could be a matter of life and death.

He has tried giving her a bottle when I was gone, as a matter of fact that's when she decided she didn't want it anymore. I was gone Christmas shopping. Since then we haven't gotten her to take one. I've even tried different bottles. I thought about trying the nuby sippy, but wondered if she was too young.
Leigh Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:52 PM   #4
Drearina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Try a sippy cup, or even just a regular cup, or heck, a water bottle. Sarah won't take a bottle, but she will drink from pretty much anything else. We have to help her with the regular cup, but she loves that
Old 12-18-2007, 03:06 PM   #5
saongiri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started my other 2 bottle refusers with a cup at 5 months but I think 3 months might e a little hard but keep in mind even if she doesn't eat for that time she'll be okay-she won't be happy and neither will her care giver but she'll be okay. Alot of babies sleep for 6 hours at this age through the night. I would probably try to bring her along so as pp said you can feed her before procedure and if you havea lengthy wait and as soon as safe afterward.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:35 PM   #6
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Have you had any type of symptoms that would make you have to have it done now?

I would bring her with you and someone to watch her while you are getting it done.

I know when my DH had that done we (me and DS) waited at the hospital and it really wasnt that long and the DR quickly went over everything with me but DH went back a few days later for results.