Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-19-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Let her sleep???

DD will be 4 months next Thursday....

She's starting to sleep longer stretches in the daytime for naps.....

Do I wake her to nurse her????

It's 10 to 12 and the last time she ate was at 730 for about 20 minutes (i think..close to it...had to get dsd off to the bus, then nursed her and my friend dropped her little girl off at 8ish and she was done)...

She slept from 8-10 but didn't seem to want to nurse....teething.....and we played for a bit.....

I put her in her swing bc I had to get muffins out of the oven (not quite confident on any back carries yet) and she went right to sleep and is still sleeping....

She seems to take 3 hour naps in the and there.

Then wakes for a bit in the evening......plays, chatters on, giggles at her sister....eats.....clusters right before sleep and wakes up at least twice to eat at night...

IS this enough????

Her big sister was just a big eater....I was always full.......and she ate every 2-3 hours like clockwork until 6mo.....and I mean full when I say full....

I just can't remember when they stretched them out, how long they went at this age was ok and such.....

SAHM to my beautiful 5y dd 2y dd and my DH

ISO: fall/winter wool and sets. Would LOVE some Harper......M/L
gooseysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:21 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Let her sleep???

At almost 12 months, DS still eats every 3 hours during the day. He ususally goes 8-9 hours at night without eating. But, he slows down when he's teething. He also never slept that much! You are a lucky mamma!
rcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:25 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Let her sleep???

I wouldn't worry at all if she sleeps. At four months I was putting DD down to bed at 7 and she slept until 6 or 7 am waking twice to eat. She brought it down to once then none herself. At four mo I'm thinking she was eating at 8am, noon, 4, bed, and once or twice at night. She has voluntarily gone 8 hours without eating before. I offered and she rejected (during the day). When she finally decided she was hungry, off she went! Don't sweat it.
Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote