Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-19-2006, 04:31 PM   #1
janelyb
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question loss of sensation???

I have a 3 yr old son, we've been using cloth diapers for over a year. Several months ago he started to show signs of potty learning. He told us when he was peeing or pooping.....now because we get free sposie diapers because he is special needs we have been using both cloth and sposies. Now he will sit in a poo or pee diaper for hours without telling us he even went.

Do you think this is because of the sposie diapers? Or is it maybe something else?

Janel

Advertisement

Janel, mamma to: Tyler (6/03) and Isabella (6/95),ttc #3
janelyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 04:44 PM   #2
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:
Re: loss of sensation???

I would say it is just a regression stage. Try encouraging him to use the potty again. Maybe try a reward system, such as a sticker chart or something that would help him want to go on the potty. I don't think it has anything to do w/ the diapers you use. JMO
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 04:48 PM   #3
janelyb
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh I guess I should add we were never at the potty phase yet.....A few months ago we had just got him to sit on potty with all clothes on, now it's back to nothing...no potty at all.
Janel, mamma to: Tyler (6/03) and Isabella (6/95),ttc #3
janelyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 05:03 PM   #4
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

Sorry I misunderstood that part. I don't know now, maybe it does have to do w/ the disposables. Hopefully someone else will have better advice for you.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 01:54 PM   #5
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't have any experience with this yet b/c DS is only 15 months, but I heard that babies take longer to PT in sposies because they are so absorbant that they don't feel wet like they would in a CD. So, its harder for them to know what it feels like when they have to go. HTH!
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 05:07 AM   #6
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I think it's probably a combo of things. The sposies do make it feel dry down there so that may be part of the reason. They say that sposie kids take longer to learn. May be is level (not sure where he's at with that). A boy I watch is mentally at a 2 1/2 year old age so his younger brother actually potty learned before he did. He is 5 years, 2 months and FINALLY in underwear during the day (still accidents here and there). He also went through a stage where we thought he'd learn soon but it faded away and he didn't learn for another year. Could just be that he doesn't have a desire to learn yet, some kids want out of a diaepr and some kids aren't bothered by it. Some kids also feel that is one thing they can control and have a very hard time giving it up. Best of Luck but I say avoid those sposies and see if that helps.