Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-30-2007, 10:41 PM   #11
gbird1
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Night Nursing Addict

This is going on with me too, and it started with teeth. There is so much going on now (solids, almost crawling, sep. anxiety, teeth--HABIT?)--its hard to pin down all the reasons my 8 month old DD is waking so often in the night, but my DH and I are exhausted trying to wean her of it-its been over a month-almost 2 actually. And I always have this sneaking fear that she really IS hungry sometimes, so its hard. Ive got the Pantley book--No Cry Sleep Solution--there is another thread going on now about it. Its starting to work, but its gonna be a LOOONG haul. Good luck!!

Advertisement

Old 12-31-2007, 04:50 AM   #12
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Make sure to take a look at some of the articles here if you haven't already...it's an awesome site with lots of insight: http://www.kellymom.com/parenting/index.html

And I hope my earlier message didn't come across harshly. I don't necessarily think that mothers should be martyrs giving up their own health and sanity to do what's best for their baby. What's best for baby is a healthy happy mommy! You do need to know that what you're experiencing right now is only temporary and it will get better, but if it's really not working for you, then you need to make a change. Hopefully you can find a gentle solution that will work for both of you...something in between forcefully weaning and constantly nursing throughout the night. Something where everyone gets what they need. Good luck finding that medium for your family!
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:36 AM   #13
handmadebymama
Registered Users
Formerly: hollypitcock1@
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbird1 View Post
This is going on with me too, and it started with teeth. There is so much going on now (solids, almost crawling, sep. anxiety, teeth--HABIT?)--its hard to pin down all the reasons my 8 month old DD is waking so often in the night, but my DH and I are exhausted trying to wean her of it-its been over a month-almost 2 actually. And I always have this sneaking fear that she really IS hungry sometimes, so its hard. Ive got the Pantley book--No Cry Sleep Solution--there is another thread going on now about it. Its starting to work, but its gonna be a LOOONG haul. Good luck!!
That is exactly my fear. What if he is hungry??? He is a big boy.
handmadebymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:38 AM   #14
handmadebymama
Registered Users
Formerly: hollypitcock1@
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoster2000 View Post
Make sure to take a look at some of the articles here if you haven't already...it's an awesome site with lots of insight: http://www.kellymom.com/parenting/index.html

And I hope my earlier message didn't come across harshly. I don't necessarily think that mothers should be martyrs giving up their own health and sanity to do what's best for their baby. What's best for baby is a healthy happy mommy! You do need to know that what you're experiencing right now is only temporary and it will get better, but if it's really not working for you, then you need to make a change. Hopefully you can find a gentle solution that will work for both of you...something in between forcefully weaning and constantly nursing throughout the night. Something where everyone gets what they need. Good luck finding that medium for your family!
Thanks, I will head over there and check it out. No, not too harsh, I kwym. It is fine some nights and not fine others. Every three hours I can usually function the next day, but every hour (like last night) and I feel like a slug. We will see. . .
handmadebymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:50 AM   #15
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Ds was still nursing at night at that age as well. Around 12 months he just started sleeping through the night completely on his own (co-sleeping still though and nursing to sleep)---then around 15 months we moved him into his own bed with big boy Sesame Street bedding and now he sleeps all night there (nursed to sleep). I guess I was lucky it just happened naturally.
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote