Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2008, 02:31 PM   #1
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How high is too high for a fever?

Ok so I'm getting sick from taking care of my 2 yr old that only wants me to hold him or be next to him while he is coughing and spreading snot everywhere! I don't really have a fever right now (99 degrees) but I'm feeling like crap and hoping it doesn't go up like ds's did. THe baby is fine he is still active as ever so I'm not worried. I've never really been sick sick when preggo just small colds so I was just wondering at what temp should I call doc or go to hospital? Just in case I want to be prepared. Ds's fever has went up over 102 for a short period last night (I was freaking out but it went down within an hour and didn't get back up that high) so I just want to be prepared. Can you tell I'm sick since I just keep rambling!! Thanks.

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2008, 05:06 PM   #2
laniesmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How high is too high for a fever?

I think 102 is the point in which it becomes a concern.

HTH!
Old 01-03-2008, 06:14 PM   #3
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

I have a bad history of infection. My dr said anything over 101 and I need to head to the hospital.

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:28 PM   #4
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my list of "things to call us for" says a fever over 100.4 is something you should call for
Old 01-03-2008, 06:46 PM   #5
slingmama4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm in the minority here. Our family chooses to allow our bodies to fight off infection (no drugs-perscrip or over the counter ) (we also choose not to vaccinate). This past 6 days my 3.5 yr old has had the flu. On one evening his fever see-sawed from 102 to 104.4. We don't take perscription drugs unless there is a real need. They've never had tylonol either. We choose natural homeopathic avenues for healing and I believe they can sometimes work better than a percrip.

I think you should trust your gut. 104 F is a normal fever in our family with illness (infact every tooth my second born cut he spiked 104F before it popped through. If you feel uncomfortable with 102 then you should see his dr. I definatly would watch more than just his fever. My ds can have a 101 > and be playing around acting like nothing is wrong. Be sure to look at his input and output (liquids...lots of H2O), and other symptoms that would be cause for alarm, then make a decision on whether to wait it out or seek a Dr.

On a good note, today was Gideon's first real day from recovering from the flu. He's back to his normal smiley self.