Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2008, 05:19 PM   #1
4HisGlory
Registered Users
Formerly: 2&1ontheway
seller

what do i do with this milk?..

So dd is getting too much foremilk making her poop bright green. The LC told me to pump just a bit before I feed her so that she gets more hindmilk (and to pump a little less each time so that I don't keep making that much). Anyway... what do I do with the pumped milk? If it is all foremilk should I save it even though her problem is getting too much foremilk in the first place?

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2008, 10:03 PM   #2
rcarver
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: what do i do with this milk?..

You could keep it (frozen for 6 months) in case you have a supply emergency later. Could it be donated?
rcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:07 PM   #3
saongiri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Agree with pp- also I am not sure you will correct the problem doing whatyou are doing. Have you checked out kellymom.com about oversupply. What I dd to correct my HUGE oversupply issue was nurse on one side for up to 4 hours- it took a good 2 weeks to fix things but it did work eventually
Old 01-04-2008, 01:51 AM   #4
Dire Wolf
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saongiri View Post
Agree with pp- also I am not sure you will correct the problem doing whatyou are doing. Have you checked out kellymom.com about oversupply. What I dd to correct my HUGE oversupply issue was nurse on one side for up to 4 hours- it took a good 2 weeks to fix things but it did work eventually

I had to do something kind of like this, I had one breast supplying more than the other with 1st dd, then had to have some scar tissue removed after she weaned like 7 years ago. And now I have to over nurse on that side to maintain balance. Makes no sense to me either. But I have never heard of a foremilk and aftermilk issue needing pumping either. But I live in a small town and my experiences are limited to what I have dealt with here. What does your gut tell you to do? Sometimes a mommy's intuition is the best medicine around...

Wife to Karl, mother in our blended home.
Ask me about the Grossman Burn Center in Sherman Oaks.
Dire Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote