Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2008, 01:14 AM   #1
Jamie
Registered Users

To wean, or to tandem?

I'm 7 months pregnant, and my 29 month old is still nursing...and it's killing me. My nipples are so sensitive, I have even had to start sleeping in a sports bra. And, the colostrum came in, so little miss wants the boob ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

I seriously want to rip my boob off while she's nursing, it hurts THAT bad...

I'm thinking about just weaning her now, and then letting her start again when the baby's born, after the nipple sensitivity goes away. Maybe. I don't know.

Advertisement

Old 01-04-2008, 01:38 AM   #2
Dire Wolf
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: To wean, or to tandem?

Have you tried any lanolin? Earth Mama Angel Baby makes a really great nipple butter...I mean it is entirely your choice, but I thought I might throw out that option for ya.

I'm a dork too!!

Wife to Karl, mother in our blended home.
Ask me about the Grossman Burn Center in Sherman Oaks.
Dire Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:48 AM   #3
Jamie
Registered Users

I don't know why lanolin never occurred to me. I will definitely give that a shot!!!

I also just got off the phone with my LLL leader, she suggested that it might actually be a thrush issue, because pregnant women are more prone to thrush? and I should increase my salt/vinegar/yogurt intake...which is odd, because I've been actively limiting salt, and don't eat much vinegar/yogurt anyway. So, I'll be making my mom's famous cucumber salad this weekend, and I'll start having a salad with vinaigrette dressing every day.

She also suggested I limit when/how long DD can nurse, such as only for 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes at night, or however long I can stand it.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:54 AM   #4
Dire Wolf
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Those are all very good options too. I thought of something else as well. Have you tried food grade aloe vera gel on your nipples just before or after nursing? And yes pregnancy leaves one prone to all sorts of "nifty" stuff.

As for limiting nursing, do what decreases your stress levels and leaves you feeling best. You and both the lo's will be the better for it in the end!! GL!

Wife to Karl, mother in our blended home.
Ask me about the Grossman Burn Center in Sherman Oaks.
Dire Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:56 AM   #5
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lanolin helps a ton and make sure her latch is still good!

OMG once the new baby comes you will be so happy you still have your older DD to take the ease off the engorgment!

I Tandem Nursed for 2years and it was so great! My DS just weaned

I hope you figure it out Mama
Old 01-04-2008, 08:53 AM   #6
Luvinmy3weeones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just wanted to sympathize with you. I am only 3.5 months pregnant and starting to get so annoyed when dd nurses I just want to lay there and beat myself over the head! She only nurses while we're sleeping and lately she has been reaching over and touching/playing with my other nipple and this just makes me want to freak out! I can't stand it! My nipples don't hurt anymore, they are just so sensitive I feel every little movement her mouth makes 10X more than ever before.
Amanda Christian Wife to Jim (a real super hero). Mama to: Brandon (8) (super hero in training), Alicia (6) (always hungry), Emma (4) (the one we can't seem to tame) and Matthew (2) (just a cute little baby doll) And baby #5 on the way!
Luvinmy3weeones is offline   Reply With Quote