Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2008, 12:03 AM   #1
bluebonnet
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Am I in labor?? well, early labor??

When I have BH cx, they are very very strong.

But tonight, while lying in bed, I think I might be in the beginnings of labor. I don't really know. I feel like I'm having very mild menstral cramps. They don't feel like a full belly contraction like my Braxton Hicks contractions do, just very PMS'y and a mild back ache. They don't really feel like they are 'separate' either. Really just like you are going to start your period w/ a general crampy
achy-iness. But..of course, now it is all I can think about.

I did have one "tightening" feeling that lasted a minute about 20 min ago and it lasted maybe a minute, but nothing w/ the same intensity since.

Mucus Plug and my water are both still in place... and as of midnight, I'm exactly 38wks....

Anyone think this might be labor??

Advertisement

Old 01-04-2008, 12:12 AM   #2
rachaelmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I in labor?? well, early labor??

idk. have you tried walking or anything to see if it makes it stronger or go away? how about a warm shower? keep us updated!
Old 01-04-2008, 12:23 AM   #3
itsymama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I know exactly what you are talking about , I am 38 and 4 days and have been crampy like that all night , nothing regular though . I do agree though , maybe take a warm bath or shower , walk around a lil and see what happens .

A few weeks ago I had a night of cramps just like you are describing , it lasted about 3 or 4 hours and got very painful , they were either one long 20 min cramp or 1 to 5 mins long and came every 5 to 15 mins , then they just stopped , must have been an early prelabor .

itsymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:49 AM   #4
mommy2kb
Registered Users

I'm 38w2d and I have had the EXACT same thing!

A little less than a week ago, I had the period crampy type pains accompanied by timeable contractions that were consistently 7-10 minutes apart for several hours. By all recommendations, I *should* have gone in, or at least called my OB, but, ya know -- it just didn't feel like the real thing, somehow. With my first DD, my water broke. No brainer. With my second DD, I was constantly thinking I was in labor from about 36 weeks on. I went 42 weeks with her and my water didn't break until I was nearing transition and the OB artifically ruptured my bag. That said, the morning I went in to labor with her, I woke up and there was NO QUESTION I was in labor. So, that's kind of been my gauge this time and mantra this time around:

if there is any doubt in my mind whether or not I'm in labor, I'm not in labor (active labor, anyway.)

I do think these period type cramps and BH's with increasing intensity and frequency *are* work towards the active labor ends, though, regardless of whether or not they ultimately affect the length and thickness of the cervix. I think this stage is called "predromal labor" or something like that. Pre-labor, basically.

I hope this is it for you, Mama, and for all of those brave, daring women who are in the trenches with us

get thee down, be thou funky

Last edited by mommy2kb; 01-04-2008 at 12:53 AM.
mommy2kb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:00 AM   #5
Michellelg
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:

I second what mommy2kb said. I can feel your pain, as I always have prodromal labor for weeks before my babies are born. It's a TOTAL pain, but the real thing is completely unmistakable. I had a horrible night last night, I couldn't get comfy and I was whiney and oh so DONE.. I prayed to be done lol. Anyway, I've been having contractions off and on (sometimes in a set pattern) for weeks, but a contraction woke me up around 4:00ish, 4:30.. and I was like, oh.. that was real. So now I'm trotting around my house in early labor eating an apple. But there is NO doubt when it's real.

Good luck, it'll all be over before you know it!

M
Old 01-04-2008, 05:35 AM   #6
bluebonnet
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm feeling more "normal" this morning. I finally got to sleep around 4am this morning... I'm still a bit crampy (PMSy's) but it doesn't feel like contractions at all. My BH feel more real than the PMY's feelings I'm having.

I guessing it is my body's way of preparing...but boy does it make you obsess over stuff!!

THanks Mamas!
Old 01-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #7
iamhere77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

could be the start of labor! if nothing else, your muscles are getting a work out to be ready for the big day! keep us posted if you can