Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2008, 06:03 PM   #121
iamhere77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ok, so do you guys REALLY wait 6 wks PP to DTD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabella'sMama View Post
We waited about 3.5-4 weeks for the lochia to stop and my 20+ stitches to fall out. But I had to "re-learn" to "O" again or at least to allow myself to relax enough to "O" again!
you "O" when you dtd??

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2008, 07:02 PM   #122
EvansMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not only did I wait the full 6 weeks, but I would have happily waited 6 months...maybe even a year...lol

I was NOT in the mood, I had some issues with my episiotomy stitches - namely, my OB could not stitch one small part of it and that area had to heal naturally without stitching.

My husband was just about climbing the walls at 6 weeks though, so I had a couple glasses of wine and got it over with. Not romantic, and it wasn't particularly great, but it was either that or I feared his head would explode...lol

This time? He KNOWS that I'm not going to feel pressured or "guilted" into DTD before I'm truly ready to. It caused a lot of problems for me, and he would really lay on the guilt pretty thick. I'd say it was our biggest fight for the first 6 months to a year after Evan was born. I ended up getting more and more bitter about it, making me want it even less...
Old 01-06-2008, 07:09 PM   #123
HeatherElyse
Registered Users

My Mood:

It was more like 5-6 months.. I had really bad tears (something like 30 stitches needed) so there was no way in heck I was going to DTD anytime soon after after DD. After I healed we were in the middle of an international move so we were sleeping on the floor and there was no way that it was going to happen there either.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #124
madebytrudi
Registered Users

My Mood:

we wait for bleeding to become pink. Midwife told me not too early since wounds of birth are 'fresh' and could be a breeding ground for infection in the uterus. On average it's btwn 6-10 days or so. don't specifically remember each time! LOL!
homeschooling mum (d15, d13, d11, s8, s6) Surprise #6 due Aug 13!
Navy vet and wife to a ret. MARINE
Lend Me Your Pen: my kids's homeschooling Magazine project
madebytrudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:41 PM   #125
happysahm
Registered Users
Formerly: mama22boys
seller

My Mood:

The first time I waited 6 weeks and I still didn't want to. I have either a type 3 or 4 laceration all the way through. I was so traumatized down south I didn't think I would ever let DH touch me again. I caved to him around 6 weeks and it was painful and I bled. I don't even remember how long it was the second time, but my laceration wasn't as deep and I healed quicker, so I think I was in the mood quicker, but still in no hurry.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:52 PM   #126
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So is it true you are more fertile during those 6 weeks? After reading this thread I figured it was ok for us to dtd (we normally wait till after 6 weeks and Im 5 weeks pp right now) and we didn't use bc. Im not sure why. I am very fertile. I have 4 lo and my oldest is 3 1/2, no twins. I'm not sure why I didn't think it would count to need to use bc. I get pregnant even when I use bc. Ok. breathe. I would love more children but my body needs a break. Just freaking out.
ivparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:03 AM   #127
fargomom27
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't remember how long we waited after DS (4-6 weeks, I think), but I had 2nd degree laceration and was extremely sore for about 8 weeks and uncomfortable for another 4 or so. Needless to say, we didn't DTD very much the first few months of DS's life.

WTG for you ladies who have the desire to DTD before then!