Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2008, 06:32 PM   #11
JenniAnne
Registered Users

Re: Is anyone overdue?

I'm overdue, too! Either by 4 days or 6 days depending on what due date I use. My midwife calculated Jan 3rd with her little wheel using my LMP, however I am convinced she was wrong. I've calculated Jan 1st using multiple online calculators and playing with the wheel waiting for her in the exam room. The first day of my last period was March 27th. My twenty week u/s put me at Jan 5th, though; close enough not to change my due date.

It doesn't really matter, though, I keep telling myself. My first came on her own at 41w2d and second at 41w.

As of Friday, I was 4cm and 70%. She asked if I wanted to be induced--my cervix is favorable, and she thought it might only take them rupturing my membranes to get things going. I don't want to risk it though, because if they do have to give pitocin, I can't have the waterbirth I want.

Hang in there, mama! They come when they are ready (or at least I keep telling myself that).

Advertisement

Old 01-07-2008, 07:14 PM   #12
iamhere77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hi mama! i'm sorry you're overdue! waiting is sooo hard!
i'm curious why you wouldn't be able to have a waterbirth if you are given pit? is that just something your hospital does? i saw you live in MN...i do too. i plan on having my baby (not for a while yet) and HCMC in minneapolis. ok...done taking over the thread now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniAnne View Post
I'm overdue, too! Either by 4 days or 6 days depending on what due date I use. My midwife calculated Jan 3rd with her little wheel using my LMP, however I am convinced she was wrong. I've calculated Jan 1st using multiple online calculators and playing with the wheel waiting for her in the exam room. The first day of my last period was March 27th. My twenty week u/s put me at Jan 5th, though; close enough not to change my due date.

It doesn't really matter, though, I keep telling myself. My first came on her own at 41w2d and second at 41w.

As of Friday, I was 4cm and 70%. She asked if I wanted to be induced--my cervix is favorable, and she thought it might only take them rupturing my membranes to get things going. I don't want to risk it though, because if they do have to give pitocin, I can't have the waterbirth I want.

Hang in there, mama! They come when they are ready (or at least I keep telling myself that).
Old 01-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #13
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

Being overdue is no fun at all
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:55 AM   #14
JenniAnne
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamhere77 View Post
hi mama! i'm sorry you're overdue! waiting is sooo hard!
i'm curious why you wouldn't be able to have a waterbirth if you are given pit? is that just something your hospital does? i saw you live in MN...i do too. i plan on having my baby (not for a while yet) and HCMC in minneapolis. ok...done taking over the thread now
It may be something with the hospital; I am delivering at Waconia Hosp (Ridgeview Medical Center). My midwife explained, and I didn't question why at the time, you couldn't get in the birthing tub within 4 hours of being given pitocin; I had just assumed it had something to do with either having an IV or being delivered pharmaceuticals in general.

I had a waterbirth at St. Joseph's in St. Paul with my second, and I don't remember what their policy was regarding it--if I ever even knew.

Something to ask HCMC about; Waconia had a release form that went over why one might be denied a waterbirth.

Good luck! I really, really loved my first waterbirth and recommend it highly to every mama I meet!
Old 01-08-2008, 08:16 AM   #15
slaferriere@berklee.net
Registered Users

Overdue here!! Midwife calculated my due date at Jan 2nd according to my LMP, I calculated my due date according to date of conception and it was Jan 4th... well either way, still waiting.

I too am horrified of being induced, so I am hoping this little one comes any day now, naturally. I know how you ladies feel, seems like it will NEVER happen! lol. Good luck.

Big Sister Lacie Elizabeth Keegan 9lbs 5oz January 11, 2008
Married to Kory, the man who drives me insane and in love all at the same time!
slaferriere@berklee.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:35 AM   #16
slockwood
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

YAY!!! Others are overdue too!!! Misery loves company ya know!! Well I hope we all go into labor soon!!! But don't leave me the only still pregnant!
Old 01-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #17
ShannaMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not overdue - yet - 39 w, 6 d today.

I feel for ya, mama. I've never been this pregnant before! My other two came at 39,3 and 38,4. I'm trying to just wait and relax, enjoy these last few days of pregnancy -- But I'm ready to meet my new little one!
Old 01-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #18
surecutie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slockwood View Post
Nope never saw it. But I did also hear that ummm... swallowing your man's swimmers was a good way to "Induce." Supposedly because the prostaglandins are abosorbed better through the gut. Please. Now if that isn't a male lie I don't know what is. I will stay pregnant thank-you.

That's how I got my little guy to make his entrance.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #19
labrae
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was just thinking about posting this as a topic! I have never liked being pregnant. And at my last midwife appt they told me that they want to do an ultrasound at 41 1/2 weeks (next Mondayish), and will induce if she's not out that following Friday. I'm terrified of pitocin!! I envy the people who aren't educated about the risks of some of this stuff, because honestly, I believe she will come when she is ready, and a due date is only a guess!

For the record, if anyone is thinking about being induced, do research on having your membranes stripped before you get drugs of have them break your waters! It's much safer!!

Oh, and castor oil works for many people, but I think you have to be really ready for it to work. I've tried it twice now, and it's NOT FUN!! But I'll be trying again this weekend if it'll keep away that ultrasound (I already had one, felt guilty about it, but justified it by saying I wouldn't have another one, as researched seemed to indicate that if there WERE any risks, they showed up with multiple ultrasounds and not really with only one... it's probably fine, but you always want to be as safe as possible when it's your baby, you know?? The guilt begins even before birth!! )
Old 01-08-2008, 01:54 PM   #20
labrae
Registered Users

My Mood:

I meant "OR have them break your waters," in case that didn't make sense.