Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2006, 01:21 PM   #1
Ama_Anbhu
Banned

Can someone explain Baby Legs to me?

Okay, I know... I am the only one that is not totally in love with these things. I think they are cute... but strange. I have a daughter and I thought these might be a better solution than tights under dresses... However! I think it would look silly to have a dress with baby legs, then socks on with a pair of mary janes.

Am I missing something? I wish they had feet on them, like thigh high tights...

But please explain.

Advertisement

Ama_Anbhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:49 PM   #2
Nadmom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Can someone explain Baby Legs to me?

I mostly use them at home when she isn't really dressed all the way for warmth (see my avatar). I also use them at night in the winter for sleeping with a t-shirt instead of pajama bottoms.

On occasion I will use them when she is dressed if I am organized enough to find ones that match her clothes. I pull them down so they cover her whole foot and kind of use them as socks, even under her shoes.

We don't use them at all out of the house in summer though and we don't use socks much either in summer.

I see your point but I like that they don't have feet in them because using them inside without shoes would be slippery of for sleeping would be uncomfortable.

Barefoot Books
Nadmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:04 PM   #3
Laniemel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Man, I cannot wait for winter and babylegs! My planned outfits for dd go as....lots of dresses with tights on...over the diaper but under a cover....with babylegs over the tights and her little hot pink chuck taylors. How cute is that going to be, I ask you! I also plan to use the babylegs under some of the longies I'm getting, fitting permitted, to help make them warmer since it gets so dang cold here. Hmmmm, babylegs!
Laniemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:07 PM   #4
lavieenrose
Registered Users
seller

Has anyone else had *major* problems with the non-comfort cuff BL? I bought ours back when they didn't have the comfort cuff. My dd wore one pair, one time at night back in MAY and she STILL has marks on her legs from them. She was 6 months old in May, and not an overly chubby baby, in fact, she's always been small for her size. I did email the company and they were nice enough to offer to swap them for the comfort cuff for me, but I have yet to send them in because I'm nervous that we'll have similar problems, even with the new cuff.

Sorry to hijack your post.
lavieenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:09 PM   #5
lavieenrose
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laniemel
Man, I cannot wait for winter and babylegs! My planned outfits for dd go as....lots of dresses with tights on...over the diaper but under a cover....with babylegs over the tights and her little hot pink chuck taylors. How cute is that going to be, I ask you! I also plan to use the babylegs under some of the longies I'm getting, fitting permitted, to help make them warmer since it gets so dang cold here. Hmmmm, babylegs!
Wait, you're going to put tights between the dipe and the cover? Won't the tights get soaked and wick down to her feet? And...pics of those little shoes, pls, they sound adorable!
lavieenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:13 PM   #6
Devi05
I <3 my Sbish and BSRBs
seller

My Mood:

I love Babylegs! My son loves them too! He usually wears them around the house. In the summer he runs around here with a t-shirt, his dipe, and a pair of babylegs, so that his legs don't get to cold from the a/c. At night in the summer they are great. He usually falls asleep with a tee and dipe, but in the middle of the night they are so easy to just slip on him then pjs, plus it makes for a quick and easy dipe change. In the winter time I usually put them on underneath his pants so he doesn't get chilly legs from a wind gust going through his pants. wwwhoooo that was long! Sorry
Old 08-24-2006, 02:15 PM   #7
Nadmom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavieenrose
Has anyone else had *major* problems with the non-comfort cuff BL? I bought ours back when they didn't have the comfort cuff. My dd wore one pair, one time at night back in MAY and she STILL has marks on her legs from them. She was 6 months old in May, and not an overly chubby baby, in fact, she's always been small for her size. I did email the company and they were nice enough to offer to swap them for the comfort cuff for me, but I have yet to send them in because I'm nervous that we'll have similar problems, even with the new cuff.

Sorry to hijack your post.
I have had issues with that happening with some of ours, different prints seem to wear differently even with the wide cuffs, some just fit better than others. I only have one pair of comfort cuffs so not sure how they might differ from print to print but they are much better than the wides and even the old narrows (the old narrows use to roll down).

Barefoot Books
Nadmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:17 PM   #8
Laniemel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavieenrose
Wait, you're going to put tights between the dipe and the cover? Won't the tights get soaked and wick down to her feet? And...pics of those little shoes, pls, they sound adorable!
Oh, that's just for going out and I change her constantly...Besides, I plan to stock up on tights before winter. Oh yeah and I load that diaper up with doublers and inners and absorbers before we go out.

*These are the first shoes that I've found that will stay on her fat little feet! Usually she doesn't wear them but it is going to be SO cold this winter....On another note, I've heard this thing going on about wide cuff vs. comfort cuff. I'm making my own baby legs using some of my funkier knee high socks, elastic, and elastic thread. That way I can leave the elastic a little loose to go over her chunks.

Last edited by Laniemel; 08-24-2006 at 02:20 PM.
Laniemel is offline   Reply With Quote