Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2008, 01:48 AM   #1
missy_cbell21
Registered Users
seller

silly hb & uc questions.

i have some silly q's... we are doing a uc and i have been having some weird dreams so this post is the resault.

1- how far from baby's belly do we clamp the cord?
my dream was that we didn't know so we just didn't and i draged the placenta too the baby's doctor appt the next week i know some ppl do lotus birth but this was just strange.

2-how long after the baby is born should i expect the placenta?
with my ds' hospital birth the doc pulled the placenta and my hubby had too yell at him about rushing me.

3-after ds' birth the nurse did an abdomanal "massage? more like squzed the shhhh out of me, do we need too do anything like that for my utirus too get back too normal faster?

4- i had read somewhere that if you go too the hospital after the baby is born but before "x" hours that they will courenteen (sp?) you and baby in seperate areas. anyone know if there is any truth too this?

i think that's all for now but with the way these dreams have been comming you may see more ?'s in the morning

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2008, 10:04 AM   #2
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

Re: silly hb & uc questions.

I don't have any answers for ya, but just wanted to say those don't sound like silly ?'s at all, and GL with your HB.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:33 AM   #3
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not silly questions at all!

I had midwives but can tell you that my husband did the cord and it was maybe two inches above babies tummy? Actually one was shorter than that.

My placenta usually comes 10 or so minutes after birth BUT it can be longer than that.My sons was a little longer I think..I have never had mine yanked on

I do really rub my uterus after birth..I wait until I nurse though so that it is already clamping down on it's own really well..Makes it easier for me to feel through all that loose tummy skin I will massage it ff and on for about 24 hours after birth..

I've never had to deal with the last so can't say on that sorry!

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #4
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

These aren't stupid q's!!

Go to this forum and they have lots of good stickies and you can search or join and ask. a lot of experienced UCers
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...play.php?f=306
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote