Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2008, 07:21 PM   #1
carnalcindd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
8 mo old questions

How often does your LO around the same age nurse? It seems like ds only wants to nurse at nap time or bed time and all night. I have such a hard time getting him to nurse when we are out anymore. Sometimes he doesn't eat for 4 or 5 hours. Is this normal for his age?

He doesn't eat much solid food at all either. He is in a great weight and height range for his age.

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2008, 07:27 PM   #2
MamaL
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 8 mo old questions

My dd is almost 8 months (on the 11th) and she nurses all night long (ugh) and first thing in the morning, before nap, after lunch, before nap, and then takes 2 bottles in the evening (I work outside the home nights).

But she's also getting 3 meals a day.

She's a piggy. But I was still concerned she wasn't nursing enough.
MamaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:35 PM   #3
camillesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow- sorry to hear you guys still nurse at night. I think I've finally got my almost 8-monther weaned off of her 2am feeding completely. She's on 3 solid meals a day and nurses about 4-5 times a day. She LOVES her solid foods and hates EBM in a bottle- still seems to love the boob, though she doesn't eat much at once, and gets VERY easily distracted. I feel like it's SO much easier now b/c she's not so reliant on b******. My milk production is way down, but I seem to be keeping up with her needs. HTH!
Old 01-09-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
abbycadabby
Banned

My Mood:

We had a hard time at that age, but it seems like things got better at around 10 mos old. He still doesn't nurse as often as he did in infancy, but it's more frequently than it used to be.
abbycadabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:37 PM   #5
momto3girls
Registered Users
Formerly: tajsa
seller

My Mood:

My dd is the same way. She's really not interested in bf'ing except in the morning when she wakes up. She's very distracted throughout the day and only nurses maybe 5 minutes total. I give her solids twice a day and try to nurse her 4-5 times. It doesn't always work and we'll go 4-5 hours too. If she doesn't want to nurse, she'll bite me. Sometimes she will wake up in the middle of the night to nurse because she's hungry. She nurses really well then. It takes 20 minutes! I tried cutting back on solids, but she'll wait for them. My dd will be 9 months old tomorrow. We've been battling this for a whole month. I really hope it gets better soon.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:45 PM   #6
RetroBaby
Witty title here
seller

My Mood:

DS is a nurse-a-holic. He nurses every 2-3 hours around the clock. He'll crawl up to me, fussing and start tugging on my pant leg and pulling up and I'll realize it's been exactly 3 hours since he last nursed and he needs a refuel so he can go get himself in some more trouble.

OP- Maybe your LO is just kind of backwards since he nurses all night. What do they call that? Reverse cycling or something?