Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-24-2006, 11:07 PM   #1
Registered Users
Last washing question

Since I will be having my first attempt at fitteds and covers when my baby girl arrives I need to ask a question. I heard that you shouldn't wash the covers with the rest of the stuff but then I got thinking. You can wash pockets with their inserts right? Is there anything else to separate? How much Allens soap per load in a front loader?

Thanks still trying to get the hang of this whole CDing thing!!

Wife to Paul (7/12/2003), Mommy to Jadyn Trinity(2/10/2005), Ashlyn Grace 10/4/2006
Mommy2JadynandAshlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:12 PM   #2
No Longer Here
My Mood:
Re: Last washing question

i wash my stuff together and never had any problems, i don';t think anything is wrong with washing the stuff together just be sure to use the fold back laudry tabs if you have any microfiber inserts cause theyll stick

i dont have a front loader so no info there, sorry
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 08:52 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

The first few times you wash new cotton items, it should not be washed with microfleece or your covers because the cotton can shed and end up pilling up your aplix and microfleeece.

When I first heard this I thought it was crazytalk, but I have followed it and I have not had any pilling issues.

After washing and drying your new cotton things 3 or 4 times you can wash it with the rest of you stuff.
Timetodance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 01:11 PM   #4
Registered Users

For maximum life, any covers (and pockets, suspect) shouldn't be washed on hot, but diapers and inserts SHOULD be washed on hot. Lots of people wash them together, but I think it shortens the life of the covers somewhat. Who knows how much. If a cover isn't poopy, I usually just throw it in the laundry hamper with the rest of our clothes, which get washed on warm. You can decide if it's worth worrying about or just washing them all together.

lovinlife is offline   Reply With Quote