Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2008, 12:05 PM   #11
BrittBBT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I want to be pregnant for the birth...

Wow... I didn't know so many people were going to freak out over this! The local hospital is horrible-- everyone in this town jokes about how bad it is. With my first baby (the only one born here) I was pushing whole 5 minutes and they got out the vaccum!! The OB kept shaking his head when I'd make noise, then they weren't supportive of me nursing, and they brought me the wrong baby!!

I love my kids and yeah, they are a blessing. But there's nothing wrong with looking forward to a birth. Sheesh!

Advertisement

Brittany-mama to a bunch!Wife to Joseph Missing Zahra and Jayden my NCC and SAHM to Evan (5) Gavin & Bryce (3) and Avery (10.27.11)My planned UC, Daddy-caught Boobie Monster! 8lbs, 20'' long and 14'' head circum.
BrittBBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:32 PM   #12
cakeums
Registered Users
Formerly: mn***r
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittBBT View Post
Wow... I didn't know so many people were going to freak out over this! The local hospital is horrible-- everyone in this town jokes about how bad it is. With my first baby (the only one born here) I was pushing whole 5 minutes and they got out the vaccum!! The OB kept shaking his head when I'd make noise, then they weren't supportive of me nursing, and they brought me the wrong baby!!

I love my kids and yeah, they are a blessing. But there's nothing wrong with looking forward to a birth. Sheesh!
Mama, nobody's saying there's anything wrong with looking forward to the birth. But saying nothing but negative things about actually having another child makes it sound like that's the only reason you want to be pregnant again. That's upsetting to hear for some of us.
cakeums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:31 AM   #13
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto5 View Post
I tend to agree. I have to say after reading most of these posts I am a little disappointed. Every pregnancy/birth/child is a blessing regardless of if whether or not it fits everyone's perception of the perfect pregnancy/birth/child. I have five children and only one of my pregnancies could be called ideal. With all the others I either had a difficult pregnancy/birth or a problem arose with the baby once born. I even had a miscarriage at 19 weeks which was devastating. With that said, I wouldn't change one single thing. I would gladly go through any discomfort, pain or 'less than ideal' birth just so I could be blessed with bringing another little baby into this world. As I approach 40 I am definately contemplating ttc one more time. If I am blessed with the opportunity I will be grateful for every morning of morning sickness, every added trip to the "little girl's room". every pound put on, each day muddled with mommy brain, and the many other unpleasantries that we go through just so we can hold another precious little baby in our arms.
I see your point, and I understand how you could take it the wrong way. I think if anyone here ever thought that they wouldn't take care of a kid, or didn't want it at all, they would not have another child. Its just that for a lot of us who had a very negative birth experience (where the only positive part was actually getting to meet/being with your DC), we hear all these awesome birth stories and feel jipped! Everyone wants their birth experience to be a good one, and when its anything but, you naturally look forward to another shot at it. This doesn't mean that any child born to a mama who feels this way will be unloved or unwanted! If I were to get pregnant right now I'm sure that my LO would be just as loved as my first. I would just be a little more into the birth plan than I was with the last one. (Okay, maybe a lot more, but still! )
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:47 AM   #14
BrittBBT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Red face Re: I want to be pregnant for the birth...

Yeah...I should have known some people would read too much into the post. I am a wonderful mom, and yes, I want to TTC for have another child. I'm just saying that I'm super excited over the possibility of having an empowering, amazing birth at home. That was the point of this post. I love my toddler even when he is screaming bloody murder and throwing himself on the floor!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa1002 View Post
I see your point, and I understand how you could take it the wrong way. I think if anyone here ever thought that they wouldn't take care of a kid, or didn't want it at all, they would not have another child. Its just that for a lot of us who had a very negative birth experience (where the only positive part was actually getting to meet/being with your DC), we hear all these awesome birth stories and feel jipped! Everyone wants their birth experience to be a good one, and when its anything but, you naturally look forward to another shot at it. This doesn't mean that any child born to a mama who feels this way will be unloved or unwanted! If I were to get pregnant right now I'm sure that my LO would be just as loved as my first. I would just be a little more into the birth plan than I was with the last one. (Okay, maybe a lot more, but still! )
Brittany-mama to a bunch!Wife to Joseph Missing Zahra and Jayden my NCC and SAHM to Evan (5) Gavin & Bryce (3) and Avery (10.27.11)My planned UC, Daddy-caught Boobie Monster! 8lbs, 20'' long and 14'' head circum.
BrittBBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:34 AM   #15
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I understand what your saying..

I guess you gotta have a pretty rough birth to understand better. It's the the same reason I'm excited about having another baby.. I wanna do the things that i didn't get the chance to do or that didn't work out the first time around..

my bestfriend has a 2 week old and she wants to be pregnant again just to be pregnant again, without the whole birth part (her labor was 46hours long an ended in a Csection. I wouldn't want that part either lol)

I think sometimes people read too much into things. you don't Actually mean that you don't want a child.. but that you would be fine if you could get pregnant and have the birth, just to have the birth. You aren't looney you know that there would be a child there. It's probably like my friend who wishes she could just be pregnant for the rest of her life. lol funny part is she was one of those "sick of being pregnant" people. lol

but I understand anyway. You might wanna look into it further, there's gotta be a way around the law. Seems there's a way around every other law out there. lol
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote