Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2006, 01:39 AM   #1
CourtneyinAlaska
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help! Do I need to take DS to the ER?

Anyone awake to help me? Ds screams in pain and grabs his crotch everytime he pees. I noticed this about 9pm tonite. I am changing him frequently, and I put some A&D on him. Also I gave him baby tylenol. I think its a UTI. Can I wait to take him to the peds offiice tomorrow? Or should we head to the ER? Midnight on a Friday night I would really rather not but I need to I will. Forgot to add as of 9pm he was not running a fever.

Thanks mommas!

Advertisement

Old 08-26-2006, 01:45 AM   #2
shell015
Banned
seller

Re: Help! Do I need to take DS to the ER?

I am no medical professional. I can't offer 100% positive advice. I would say that if he isn't running a fever and it only happens when he pees that you are safe to wait until morning. But no later than that if it continues. But trust your maternal instict. First and foremost he is your DS and if you think he should go then take him. Hugs mama. HTH
shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:45 AM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i'd go to the er only because he is in pain, do you have any cranberrry juice? if so give him as much as he can drink
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 02:13 AM   #4
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
i'd go to the er only because he is in pain, do you have any cranberrry juice? if so give him as much as he can drink
Old 08-26-2006, 02:53 AM   #5
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

going to the dr is a good idea. Also, though, I have been taking this stuff for my recurrent UTIs, and nothing in the world works better than it, including antibiotics. Just something to keep in mind. It works great to prevent future recurrences. It's pure d-mannose, safe for children. Comes in powder form.
http://www.webvitamins.com/category....=1&brandID=504
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:40 AM   #6
CourtneyinAlaska
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mommas! I gave him some motrin so hopefully he will sleep well tonite. Thankfully our ped has Sat hours, so we will go there first thing in the am. Ds has never had antibiotics before so I got dh to get him some yogurt to eat while he is on them. Will also pick up some cranberry juice.

Thanks again!
Old 08-26-2006, 04:18 AM   #7
asandwick
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Also, my dd and ds won't drink as much cranberry juice as I think they need in a sit. like this, you can buy the cranberry in capsule form ,open the capsule and sprinkle it on their oatmeal ro cereal or whatever they are eating. Just my .

Lot's of to your ds. Hope he feel better soon!
asandwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 07:00 AM   #8
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

it can wait til morning. They'll need to get a cath sample to find out the germ. Normally they cath and then start sbx while waiting for the results. Have them cath him and run the u/a stat. If theres no sign of infection in the u/a you can hold off on abx until/unless the culture comes back positive
Old 08-26-2006, 07:31 AM   #9
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I second the cranbery capsules, if he wont drink the juice. Good luck to you, but mostly I wanted to post to tell you your little guy is SO CUTE in your avatar picture! He has the kind of cute little face you just want to hug him!
Old 08-26-2006, 07:43 AM   #10
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i could have wrote this post about cadence....she has this rash but its like blisters?? its not that i dont change her i do often and let her run nekkid but no stil there tonight she was naked grabbin herself sayin pee mommy and then i would bring her n she would cry bc she couldnt go...... i would hate to have to take her to the dr but ....if it continues today i will....