Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-23-2006, 06:47 PM   #11
Timetodance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me find a new carrier

Ergo! Ergo! Ergo!

Ergo was my first carrier purchase. My SIL gave me a bjorn put dd Hated to be in it, so I bought the Ergo last summer when she was 7 mo old and it is amazing. She is now 26lbs and we live in a 5th floor walk-up so I carry her everywhere (plus the groceries etc).

You can do two things to make it more compact. I fold it and then attach the waist belt around it so it stays bundled up in the bottom of the stroller, or you can find or sew a pouch to keep it in.

You can also see if there is a NINO (nine in nine out) group near you so you can try out carriers before you buy.

Advertisement

Timetodance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:52 PM   #12
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:
Smile Re: Help me find a new carrier

I personally love my pouch slings. I am a fan of both hotslings and Lucky baby sling. Easily fits in the diaper bag. No adjusting of straps or wrapping and tying! Here are the websites!

www.lucky-baby.com
www.hotslings.com
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:32 PM   #13
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have an Ergo and LOVE it. Lately, it has been my carrier of choice. It is a little big but it can go in the pack. Mine also came with it's own bag. Really, though, I use it straight from the car and just leave it free in the car. I just got a MT to try and do like it but have not taken it for a real test drive yet. I use my Mayawrap and really like it but I do not find it comfortable for extended use with an older child. Also, I've never tried it but what about the Mayawrap adjustable pouch?
navars2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:35 PM   #14
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wanted to add that I used my Ergo with both of my kids. I carry DD on the back with it. She is 37 lbs, 41" and four years old. I carry DS front or back with it. He's almost 1, and a little under 20 lbs. I used it to carry him around the aquarium for hours yesterday...the morning on the back and the afternoon on the front. I have a bad back but even with that I am fine with him either front or back for hours. I LOVE it.
navars2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:16 PM   #15
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leininger27
I personally love my pouch slings. I am a fan of both hotslings and Lucky baby sling. Easily fits in the diaper bag. No adjusting of straps or wrapping and tying! Here are the websites!

www.lucky-baby.com
www.hotslings.com
Thank you! Yes, I want something that I don't have to adjust or tie or any of that tricky stuff.

I had a Mei Tai and I hated it. Maybe I will try again, but I don't know....

awifeandmom-- I'll gladly be a tester!! Just LMK what I need to do!
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:57 PM   #16
tropicalmom2b
Registered Users
seller

Just want to recommend checking out the return policy if you're going to get a non-adjustable pouch. I had no idea what size I would need and even though there are all kinds of diagrams about how to measure, still got the wrong size. Fortunately I got it used off of TBW-FSOT so was able to resell there and get the right size. Also, the Tummy to Tummy video tummy2tummy.com helped a lot as to how to wear properly.
tropicalmom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 02:11 PM   #17
shandi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey Tara!

If you're thinking about trying a pouch (love those too!) I'd recommend either:

Mom and Me Creations Pea in a Pod pouch, they are hemp, adjustable with a row of snaps and very compact and comfy.

She's on HC, and Jen is great! http://www.mom-and-me-creations.com/

Hotslings Lots of prints and fabrics available, these are sized so be careful with sizing, their sizing chart is a little wack, the first one I ordered ended up being too big!

http://store.attachedtobaby.com/Sear...manufacturer=7
Old 08-26-2006, 05:45 PM   #18
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE my Ergo!!!!
ashleynjacy is offline   Reply With Quote