Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-27-2006, 08:33 AM   #1
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Homeschooling and WOHM

Okay Im not a WOHM, but I will be finishing my education and be out of the home part time. I hate that I have to do this but I really need to finish college just so if anything happens to DH's job we will have a leg to stand on. Anyways do any WOHM homeschool? When Im done w/ school I will become a full time SAHM b/c I won't be working and I only have 1.5 years left sooo how do I make it work?

Advertisement

MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 06:59 PM   #2
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:
Re: Homeschooling and WOHM

I also paln to contuine by education soon (or might have to work part time a bit to get us out of this hole and ahead ) , we are just going to play it by ear and make it work becuase its something that is important to me. my husband is amazing and has no problem with taking on more of the schooling in my absence he already does all the laguage arts and most of the more hands on fun stuff, he will do everything really with the exception of math, just like I cant do laguage arts and spelling those parts of my brain simply just dont work right despite my best efforts I just cant help but be fenitic (sp? lol) in my spelling, but that should be a givien after reading my posts LOL
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:16 PM   #3
stephdpn
Registered Users
seller

I have a friend with 8 children who has homeschooled them while working full time...she has a big age gap (her kids are 5,6,7,10,12,14,22,24 - the 24 year old is married with her own DD), so the oldest children watched the younger ones (when they were preschoolers) while she works, then they do school in the afternoon. Her DH doesn't go into work until about 9, so he gets them up and ready. She goes into work at 5am (she is a computer programmer, so her hours are flexible) and gets off at 2, I think...and they send the kids to public school thru the 5th grade, then HS until they finish high school...works for them, she is a saint in my book! ( I don't HS, just saw your post - Good luck with what you decide. I am sure you can make it work for you!)

Last edited by stephdpn; 08-27-2006 at 07:18 PM.
stephdpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:18 PM   #4
allycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm a wohm homeschooler. I work 2 evenings and sat., so it works out fine for our homeschool schedule