Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2006, 06:57 PM   #11
kht2006
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Your favorite breastpads?

At night, I put a trifolded prefold into a nursing sports bra. Not to pretty but it works. During the day I use some el cheapo cloth pads. I'm looking for some WAHM ones that are more absorbant for when I go back to work

Advertisement

kht2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 07:27 PM   #12
Emma
Registered Users
seller

I use the Lansinoh disposables and washable Medela pads. I'm trying to accumlate more of the Medela pads since 1) they're washable, and 2) I like them better.
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 07:51 PM   #13
MommaRhi
Registered Users
Co-Op Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used the washable Medela. I also LOVE the Happy Heiny hemp ones (hemp jersey) they conform nicely to the breast and held up AWESOME overnight.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:25 PM   #14
karen
Registered Users
seller

I used breast pads only long enough to figure out the trick to not leaking... (my mom, a midwife, showed me this one)

when you feel a letdown, just put some pressure on the breast that you don't want to leak. (sometimes this means casually crossing your arms across your chest if you have a random letdown!) You don't need much pressure to stop the leaking.

It took me about 3 weeks to really get the hang of this, but then I was able to ditch the pads for forever! I haven't had a random leak ever since.
karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:24 PM   #15
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

I know this trick and I'm learning to do it. LOL It took me a bit to distinguish letdown. But now I'm working towards it. I do have the lansinoh pads so hopefully by the end of this box, I'll be able to do it. Don't know about night, though...
Old 08-29-2006, 02:58 PM   #16
clothdiaperoutlet
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm a milk machine, too, and leaked for 9 months. I loved the MOE Stay-Dry pads. If I knew I was going to be going awhile without nursing, those were always the ones I grabbed. Next pg I'm getting a whole stash of those.
girl July 2005 ~ boy June 2010 ~ boy #2 March 2013

Serving families since 2005!
clothdiaperoutlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:07 PM   #17
Sara
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen
I used breast pads only long enough to figure out the trick to not leaking... (my mom, a midwife, showed me this one)

when you feel a letdown, just put some pressure on the breast that you don't want to leak. (sometimes this means casually crossing your arms across your chest if you have a random letdown!) You don't need much pressure to stop the leaking.

It took me about 3 weeks to really get the hang of this, but then I was able to ditch the pads for forever! I haven't had a random leak ever since.
Me too! I use lansinoh in the beginning and then I do the pressure trick. At night I like to sleep bra less so I use the pressure or sometime a prefold diaper I'll stuff into my nightgown.

Sara
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote