Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2006, 12:33 PM   #11
Teresa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: tell me not too

Oh, you just can't give up. Like you, I sure thought about formula around the 3-5 week mark because I wasn't getting any sleep, and I really wanted someone else to feed my dd while I caught some zzzzs. Like one of the previous posters wrote, the 6-8 week mark is when it starts getting much easier.

What kept me from giving up is that I knew breastmilk was best. I didn't want to deal with the guilt if I stopped breastfeeding, and my dd ended up with terrible allergies or was sick frequently. My motto as a mother is to mother in a way I won't regret. And I think you would regret giving up breastfeeding.

Personally, I had to throw out the formula samples so that I wouldn't be tempted. If you are really needing a break, have you thought about pumping? Then maybe you could store a little milk for someone else to feed your baby with.

Please don't quit. Your baby needs your breastmilk. That's what it is for.

Advertisement

Old 08-29-2006, 01:18 PM   #12
Tasha
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Take it one day at time, one feeding at a time! Are you able to nurse laying down? My DS is 2 months old, and it has been so helpful to be able to nurse when I am half-awake! I don't feel as tired. You can make it!
Tasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:28 PM   #13
momto4monkeys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Keep going you can do it I know you need alot of support my last one who is now 6months old had a terrible start I almost have up I even cried several times because he just could not get it I would have to much milk he was tongued tied and losing weight way to fast Dr was worried they finally sent me to see a lactaion cons. they helped alot he was put on a SNS system to help learn to use his tongue which ws clipped finally at 4wks then they had me lay to feed him said it would come out a little slower and I pretty much still lay down when ever possible to feed him he really won't eat other wise And I hear you my third was only 15month when he was born so it was crazy around here the first 8wks trying to take care of her and feed a new baby and chase a fighting 4yr and 6yr old but it will get better I am so glad i did not give up I gave up with my 2nd because she just had all kinds of stomach problems and to this day i get so mad that she would have kept going I just had a bad dr back then that was not a pusher when it came to BF but our new dr is great about it. HAng in there.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:44 PM   #14
Mount*n*sunshine
Registered Users

lol nak...... they have groth spurts in 3's. 3wks, 6wks, 3mo 6mo ect... baby is growing and on your milk!! wohoo you are doing it. don't give up.
Mount*n*sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:56 PM   #15
betty_joanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

Don't give up. Your supply will increase. Drink a ton of water. Some people say oatmeal increases supply. I don't know. I only have the one child and often wonder how it would be trying to feed a baby and take care of a toddler. Maybe a sling would be the answer. You could nurse the baby in the sling while taking care of the other kids. Is that realistic??
I will be the first to admit that i didn't like(loved but didn't like) my daughter until she was about 8 weeks old. I know now that this was due to lack of sleep and having only 15 minute breaks between feedings those first several weeks. You've had other babies so you know things get better a little bit every day.
Don't worry abotu the house work or making fancy meals at this point. Delivery or take out a couple of times a week may help. Or a husband that cooks
Old 08-29-2006, 04:55 PM   #16
partyelf
Registered Users

My Mood:

You can do it! I know those first 6 weeks are so hard, but as a pp said she is going through a growth spurt right now. And remember when she is nursing you want to be drinking water at the same time. That will keep you hydrated. {{{Hugs}}}
partyelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:10 PM   #17
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i am feeling a lot better today than yesterday or the day before (being dehyrated probably didn't help me feel very good either). before that post i actually had a bottle in my hand and was just in tears about it....then i threw it back in the dadgum box and walked away from it. he's in better humor now too...all he wanted to do the past couple days was cry and cry and it seemed like he didn't do anything but that (not even sleep to really speak of) just cry and want to be attached to my boob. it was awful.

shannon thanks so much for that reminder!! i've gotten rehydrated but probably still not enough and i forgot about that rule of drinking water while they're nursing!!! that would probably help me feel even better!!

thanks so much mamas!! help me get to that one year mark!!!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:32 PM   #18
cuties02q
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hang in there mama it gets better
PhotographyBlog
cuties02q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:55 PM   #19
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

You can do it mamma. Yep keep drinking that water, keep water within reach at all times, not just nursing. Also if you are feeling like your supply is low try some oatmeal or ground flaxseed, they are both supposed to help increase supply. I have seen a recipe floating around for lactation cookies that are supposed to boost your supply, and that recipe has both ingredients in it. If nothing else eat a bowl of oatmeal, or make some oatmeal cookies. If you want that cookie recipe I can post it again, but you can probably search for it, I have seen it on here a couple times in the past few weeks.

Keep it up you can do it.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote