Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2008, 09:15 PM   #41
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

Re: Tracking & Insurance should be Requried on ALL DS Transactions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenMImama View Post
I have no problem buying the DC# but if the PO doesn't actually scan it which has happened to me a few times then you are paying for absolutely nothing, which is a big ripoff IMO.
I just wish peoplewanted to always buy more so you weren' paying more than $3 to ship 1 diaper ): It stinks, thats why we nee to BST more locally (:
what happens when THAT happens!!!!
i dont use pp for shipping, dont have a scale nor printer

Advertisement

SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:49 PM   #42
WonderMom
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Actually ive read everyones postings and it keeps going back that dc doesnt prove you shipped it.
one i think it does prove it one of 3 reasons
1. If you print postage from pp multiple shipments from the multi order shipping option you can choose the option before you print the label to print scan form well you take that form and all the packages to the postoffice, they will scan that piece of paper on spot and stamp it.

2. If you go to the post office to and fill out the green delivery confirmation form then thats your proof of shipment b/c it is stamped by the usps i always make sure mines gets stamped its mandatory they do so.

3. you can always ask for PROOF OF MAILING its a little piece of papers i think its called certificate of mailing for they give you and they sign it saying it was mailed i cant remember how much it was.

just some options i didnt know if everyone new about the print scan form b/c i got iratated when they wouldnt scan my paypal packages upon drop off and it would just say a shipping label was printed and wouldnt tell buyers it was accepted he tol dme the only way they can scan them is with that scan form.

so hope that helps some get proof of mailing or do the scan thing

Last edited by WonderMom; 01-21-2008 at 09:50 PM.
WonderMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:09 PM   #43
ravenonyx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have no arguments on DC, that protects my @$$ as a seller and I almost *always* get it. It's the mandatory insurance I am PO'd about. If DS starts that, FFS dipes might be $7 or more.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:14 PM   #44
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenonyx View Post
I have no arguments on DC, that protects my @$$ as a seller and I almost *always* get it. It's the mandatory insurance I am PO'd about. If DS starts that, FFS dipes might be $7 or more.
We are not going to require it mama I already said in this thread there is no way that we can. We can recommend it and hope that everyone heeds the recommendations. On ebay I personally require insurance on all purchases and add it right into the shipping But DS has no intentions on making requirements like this, there is NO way to enforce it
Old 01-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #45
WonderMom
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenonyx View Post

well maybe i should go back and edit my title of this thread
insurance should be requried on anything potentially BREAKABLE or worth a lot of money.

like you sale 100.00 worth of dipes to a mama they get damaged some how during shipment and you have insurance you should be covered however if u dont ur scrweed i guess.

i just feel that i know it should be up to the buyer if they want insurance and 99% off the time they will say no, and then when it arrives broken or whatever they are messaging us going of this is broke its your fault now im out my money and the items. thats how it always goes.
so its better i think to avoid it and go ahead and put it on.

im suprised at how many people really turn down insurance on breakables or stuff over say 60.00.

for instance
a mama cant remember who shes a mod though me and her done a trade a week or so ago. my corel dish set for her walmart gift card. well it cost me 13.00 and some change for shipping plus trakcing and insurance it was like 15.00 lol. but had the dishes arrived broken what would have happeneed? she would have said the dishes arrived broken i want my gift card or 20 bucks back!

i think it all has to do with packaging the dishes were already new in box but they were moving around so i put extra padding in the box and put that box ina nother box and put padding in between both boxes so it was cradled good and it was great trade.

sorry to blabber my goodness

I knew it would be easier to trade the dishes then sale them b/c i wanted 20.00 for the set and they weighed like 9lbs so 13.00 shipping plus 2.75 for insurance and tracking they would have had to pay 35ppd for them the sets only 39.99 new! so i see were everyone is coming form and sometimes its easier to trade bigger items
Old 01-21-2008, 10:19 PM   #46
WonderMom
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmommy View Post
DS has no intentions on making requirements like this, there is NO way to enforce it
ok with the swaps dc is mandatory how does it get enforced? if someone ships with out dc what happens?

Old 01-21-2008, 10:32 PM   #47
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderMom View Post
ok with the swaps dc is mandatory how does it get enforced? if someone ships with out dc what happens?

Those that don't follow the rules, get banned from swaps. Swaps are on a LOT smaller scale than FSOT. FSOT is getting ready to go through some changes that will help it tremendously(post count requirements and time restraints before posting)
Old 01-21-2008, 10:44 PM   #48
WonderMom
Banned
seller

My Mood:

sounds good mama!
Old 01-23-2008, 06:53 PM   #49
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimb96 View Post
So really both dc and insurance are up to the seller as it protects them. It's stupid to rely on a buyer to request a service that will protect the seller. If an item is lost, paypal doesn't care if a buyer didn't request insurance. They will still hold the seller responsible. Putting disclaimers in your listings doesn't matter either. You can put that you are not responsible for items once they leave your hands, but paypal will hold you responsible. There is no getting around the rules of paypal. Paypal favors the buyer. And rightfully so IMO. You should get what you pay for. So you can choose as the seller not to buy insurance or dc. But know that you are the one who will responsible for a lost item.
Just pointing out. That is only through Ebay. Through regular purchases (like DS) if the seller has a DC number showing delivery, paypal wont do a thing. It doesnt matter, the order could be completely wrong and they wouldnt care. Broken? They dont care. Advertised as EUC and its not even worth FFS? They dont care. Now, if it is through ebay, you are 100% right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirasmom View Post
I only do DC with purchases over 30 dollars or if I have told the buyer I am doing it. It's basically worthless imo. It doesn't mean the po is keeping track of your package, and if they loose the package it doesn't matter if you have dc or not. You're out the package. Sure, it shows that you sent it...but either way I bet you're going to have to eat some of the cost of it, right? If one of my packages was lost I would expect to probably have to give the buyer at least 1/2 of their money back. Sucks, but that's the way it is. I never say I'm going to get a confirmation unless it's a special circumstance, so my buyers shouldn't expect it. I think there would be a lot of irritated mamas on here if you said: This dipe is 11 dollars- plus 75 cents for dc. It's the same with ppl irritated over paying cc fees. I sell my diapers cheap because that's how I want to buy used things. I see ppl selling the same stuff for over 2 bucks more than I try to get out of them. I figure that's good enough. Just my opinion.
I hear it now, all the scammer buyers are running to go look to see what you have. Seriously, after posting that, I would put DC on EVERYTHING.

Scamming is not only not sending out goods people have bought. There is also scamming from people who get packages, see no DC, and then contact the buyer and say they never received the item. The seller is forced to either refund, or risk a paypal claim because they cannot prove that they shipped the item. IT DOES HAPPEN. When I was admin I saw it all the freaking time!

Bottom line.

ANY PACKAGE THAT LEAVES YOUR HOUSE SHOULD HAVE DC ON IT. IF YOU DONT WANT TO PAY FOR DC, BE PREPARED TO REFUND.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:40 PM   #50
WonderMom
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
I hear it now, all the scammer buyers are running to go look to see what you have. Seriously, after posting that, I would put DC on EVERYTHING.

ANY PACKAGE THAT LEAVES YOUR HOUSE SHOULD HAVE DC ON IT. IF YOU DONT WANT TO PAY FOR DC, BE PREPARED TO REFUND.