Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2006, 09:10 PM   #1
Snnkids
Registered Users

training pants for a BIG girl

Hello
I am new to this group and to the cloth world. My daughter who has special needs is 10 years old and in need of cloth training pants. She weighs 60 pounds, and wears size 10 in girls pants. I would like the training pants to look as close to panties as possible. I understand they will need to be thicker. Any ideas or suggestions are very welcome.

Has anyone ever ordered from Gabbys http://www.gabbys.net/cdn_retail/index2.php?
I believe they are out of Canada. Just curious if thier products hold up and if they are worth the prices.

thank you Laura

Advertisement

Snnkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:38 PM   #2
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Re: training pants for a BIG girl

I have a L DS & he wears Happy Heiny's pocket trainers. They look like big boy pants so that is a plus. They make them in sizes from S to XXXL (like up to 70 lbs I believe). I carry them in my store & also can get any from their site sent directly to customer. I believe some of the larger sizes are actually on sale.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:39 AM   #3
Blessedmommieof3
Registered Users
seller

If the HH trainers won't work for your sweetie, this WAHMama might can help you. She could probably make custom sized trainers for you. I know her night-time trainers go up to 65 lbs. http://rebstiedye.wahmart.com/store/Default.asp
Old 05-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #4
mamagina
Registered Users
seller

You can also try Snap-Ez.com -Ruth has larger size training pants and stuffable ones that you can use overnight.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:37 PM   #5
Snnkids
Registered Users

Wink Re: training pants for a BIG girl

Thankyou for the info... i am liking the looks of the Happy Heiny's. hmmmm... I do have some leaking with her disposable pull-ups as placement is difficult when pulling them up due to her inability /choice to stand. i primarily believe the difficulty is in the thickness of the pull up that causes the difficulty.

My precious generally goes on the potty when she wakes at 7a, 9a after breakfast, 11a before lunch, 1p before swimming class , 4p when she gets home from her busy day, 6p after dinner,and 9p before bed unless we go shopping or out to eat as she NEEDS to go potty at every public restroom possible. She is generally wet every am, and if I am lucky she will by dry most of the day. She has not stooled in her diapers for 2 years, just wet. My question is can the child feel the wetness from the happy Heiny's? I would like her to be a bit uncomfortable, as she trained herself for stool due to not liking the feel.

My second question is where do I find bags for dirty dipes on the go? Something that will conceal any smell/wetness???

thank you Laura
Snnkids is offline   Reply With Quote