Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-27-2008, 03:54 AM   #1
FUN & MENTAL are Fundamental
My Mood:
possible croup :(

well, i think my twins may have croup! ds1 got it around 14 months and it was aweful.. and then when he was around 23 months (this past september/october) i thought he had it again but the ER said it was bronchitis.. still not sure i believe that though because it was EXACTLY like when he had croup to begin with. and now, my little preemies (7 weeks early!) at 6 months probably have it! not sure where it came from.. when ds1 got it the first time we were 90% housebound and it's about the same right now with the twins. the only places we've been in the last 2 weeks are to the doctors (no one else was even there but us) and to the wic office (again.. no one there but us and the workers).

in general all 3 boys have been pretty healthy. ds1 only got sick more than a runny nose maybe 3 times and all from MIL letting dh's sick nephew suck on his binks and all that grand stuff dh's nephew and mom are ALWAYS sick... but anyway.. looks like we *might* have a trip to the ER in our near future if they can't make it until monday! and they were just at the doctors on tuesday & got shots too we've been to the ER more in the last year than we ever had been before! (bleeding during pregnancy, bronchitis, pink eye, dh's eye injury...)

Tabatha-proud wife to Steven(5/21/05), proud mama to: Conner (10/22/05) & miracle momo's Mason & Haden (7/22/07 33 weekers)
*no internet access at home. working to clear out my PM's and then will be messaging mama's to whom i owe*
lovemy3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:46 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: possible croup :(

My baby was totally healthy for 8 months. She woke up with it in the middle of the night, and we went to the er only to be airflighted to a hospital in a bigger town with a PICU. We were in the PICU for a week. It was not fun at all. I totally feel for you. Apparently its not severe in most cases, but take it seriously (as I am sure you are since your older one had it). They say the best healer is time for this one. Man, good luck. I am sorry!
Vicky SAHM to Sullivan & Sophie
vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:25 AM   #3
Registered Users
Re: possible croup :(

I totally feel your pain! DD was just diagnosed with this yesterday morning at Urgent Care and is on steroids to keep her airway open...not fun at all! I have no idea where it came from either...I have a respiratory infection and now she has croup!

Good Luck! And as the previous person said they told us that it just takes time, but since DD had RSV as a baby and is therefore more prone to asthma they went ahead with 5 days of steroids!
Noel wife to Pete and SAHM to Kayli Marie (01/31/06) Caiden Grant (7/16/08) and Canon Levi (6/18/2012)
kaylismama is offline   Reply With Quote