Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-31-2006, 02:08 PM   #21
Registered Users
Re: I'm going bald!!

I lsot hair at 3months to 6months pp and then it started falling out about 4 weeks ago infact I have lost over half my hair - I went to the doctor and they checked my thyroid and thats what it was so now I'm on Synthroid everyday and will get my bloodwork done again in 3 weeks to check if the levels are right. I woudl go see a doctor because there is also a condition women can get when they start to loose their hair I can't remember what it is called know a women with it - she is gettign treated with some meds and it is starting to help. I know how scary it is to get those big chunks out all teh time I 'm wondering when it will stop - but I thank the Lord I ahd really thick hair to start with.

Check out:
littleways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:15 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: I'm going bald!!

I"m glad I came across this thread! Not to hijack, but I haven't felt right for the last 6 weeks and have been losing large amounts of hair during this time. My endocrinologist told me, when I saw him for my annual appointment on July 25th (at which point I had been feeling odd for only a few days) that it could be from going off of BCPs and to wait it out. That was before the hair loss, though, and in the time since I've been tired, nauseous, my mind has been foggy, and just not right. I know they didn't run thryoid function tests on my last round of bloodwork so I called my endo today to have them check me out. I have an appointment on 9/8 to talk to the doctor.

Hope you find out why your hair is falling out!
Carrie ~ B.A. English Student ~ Wife of Brian ~ SAHM to Margaret (b. 6/16/2005) & Ethan (b. 5/27/2007)
I am a Wildtree Herbs Independent Rep. Ask me about our all-natural foods for all families!
YouData & Swagbucks for a little something extra
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote