Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2008, 11:21 PM   #1
1boy1girl1bitty2
Registered Users
seller

sask mamas i need your help!

both dh and i like to read but our local library has a crappy selection!!!!! we also don't have a used book store anymore, the nearest place to buy books is an hour and a half away, i also don't like those mail order dealies (they suck you in and then charge threw the nose) every once in a while i break down and buy a new one in walmart or something but not often. i would really prefere FFS books or depending on the book(s) you are offering i may pay a reasonable price. they do have to be in readable condition though. if you have a used book store in your town let me know! this is what we usually read . . .

DH reads science fiction/fantasy the dragons, and wizards and swords, princess/goddess type books (but not limited to as he will read most anything) some authors that he likes are . . .
raymond E. feist
david eddings
l. e. modesitt jr
orson scott card
peirs anthony
and especially anything from the dragon lance series

i read romance the regular stuff and the dirty stuff. i really like ones that are pregnancy related. medical reference books (i'm one year away from a medical administration degree) natural healing, natural living, craft and diy yourself books especially quilting, sewing, card making, crochet, cooking/baking, any craft really. if i havnt tried the craft yet maybe it will inspire me. speaking of inspire i really would like to read more about alternate religions/beliefs especially pagan, wicca etc.

Please pm me if you have anything

Advertisement

Old 01-22-2008, 07:17 AM   #2
LindusandGrace
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: sask mamas i need your help!

hey mama I'll write down what it is your looking for and go look at the massive value village here. if I find anything I'm flying to sask in a few weeks (to regina then driving to estevan) i'm sure we could figure something out!

Don't like my lack of punctuation or spelling? Don't read my posts.
"Home is what catches you when you fall. And we all fall."
LindusandGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:59 AM   #3
EcoTykesMama
Registered Users

I took a wrong turn and ended up in Western Canada. Cool.

In the green forum, there's a website mentioned called www.paperbackswap.com, but as usual they don't do Canada. If I find anything for Cdns, I'll let you know.

This is the only thing I found for Canada. http://book-swap.meetup.com/ and then you search by postal code. Good luck!

Last edited by EcoTykesMama; 01-23-2008 at 06:44 AM. Reason: found new link
EcoTykesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:52 PM   #4
VibrantBlue
Registered Users
Formerly: jlepitzki
seller

hi there! have you ever looked into bookmooch.com? it's free for shipping and you can agree to either ship internationally or not.
VibrantBlue is offline   Reply With Quote