Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
AutoShopMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Different EC Potty Chairs

Ok. So I was looking at the Baby Bjorn Little Potty. They also have a big potty. Wal-Mart sells something that looks like the bblp, plus an array of other potty chairs. What are the pros & cons? I've really strayed from chairs in the past b/c I don't like to clean them but I'm thinking with EC'ing one might make life a bit simpler. Tell me about what you have!

And I'm also wondering...if we have one of those bumbo seats...will it be confusing to him as to whether he's on the potty or in his chair??

Advertisement

Last edited by AutoShopMama; 01-28-2008 at 04:16 PM. Reason: another question
AutoShopMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
Quinn's mama
Registered Users

Re: Different EC Potty Chairs

We have two BBLPs and think they are totally awesome. I don't know, just something about the shape seems good for a little baby.

In terms of the bumbo, well, funny you should ask. She doesn't use the bumbo that often, only several times a week, and it's almost never been an issue. I think that the position is different enough - sitting with legs out vs more of a squat-sit over the potty.

BUT, one time she was in the bumbo naked on the kitchen floor while I was making lunch. I wasn't completely paying attention, but she wasn't making a peep. Then, I noticed a little yellow puddle on the ground. Let's just say it was our only diaperfree poop miss ever and BOY WAS IT A MISS. She had it everywhere. Something about the bumbo directed the poop completely up her back, into her hair, down her legs, everywhere. It happened so quickly. She didn't signal at all - very strange for her to be silent when a poop is coming - so, yeah, I think she thought she was on a potty. Let's just say we never go in the bumbo naked anymore!
Quinn's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #3
youmb00
Registered Users
seller

Yup, always poops in the bumbo! She's grown out of it but now it's the highchair she poops on all the time.

I love my BBLP. It seems to be designed for younger babies and it fits my DD so comfortably. (she's 6.5 MO)
It encourages that scouting position that's comfy for older babies too. I've heard people say their LOs grow out of it too fast though.
and the one piece design makes it really easy to clean!
youmb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:21 AM   #4
continuum-family
Registered Users

I love a one-piece potty like the BBLP or even better, a transparent potty. So much easier to clean. And FWIW, my almost 5 year old dd can still use it in a pinch.
~baby carriers ~ cloth diapers & training pants ~ pottying & EC supplies ~ books & DVDs ~ nursing products ~
Join us on Facebook and Twitter!
continuum-family is offline   Reply With Quote