Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2006, 10:04 AM   #1
mom2t
Registered Users
seller

Exclamation Wicking HELP

I am still not sure I understand wicking. Today I pourde some water on my daughters diapers and it was not absorbed. It sayed on top of the diaper. Is this how it should be? HELP!! Should it be quickly absorbed or stay like a little pool? LMK

Advertisement

Last edited by mom2t; 05-07-2006 at 10:30 AM.
mom2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:29 AM   #2
mom2t
Registered Users
seller

Exclamation Re: Wicking HELP

Help.
mom2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:57 AM   #3
Raquelita
Registered Users
seller

Re: Wicking HELP

That's called repelling, not wicking. Wicking is when wetness goes through a supposedly waterproof cover and gets the outside clothing wet.

What type of diapers do you have? What is your wash routine? What detergents and other cleaners have been used on them?
Raquelita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 11:06 AM   #4
BeedieWeedieB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wicking HELP

From everything I've read, just pouring squirting or dropping water on your dipes is not a good test of repelling. Water for one is different chmically and has a different surface tension (which helps it form those droplets/beads) than pee. Secondly it is not with the same force as your child or with the pressure of a little body next to it.
How I know I have a repelling issue and not just a bad dipe/fit/ or put on wrong is when I take the diaper off after the leak, has to be relatively soon after, I can see a very wet trail on the inner material from where they peed to the nearest edge where it leaked. This is much more obvious in the fleece than the seudecloth.
thats when i know its time for the dawn
hth,
heidi