Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2008, 10:19 AM   #1
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy I need some craving support

I crave sugar like you couldn't imagine. It is seriously out of control and I need myself a little support to help wean myself off the extreme amounts of sugar.

Anybody up for the challenge or want to join me in trying to kick the sugar?

I need to replace more of my sugars with protiens...or at least try and balance it out. Here comes the challenge...I am the pickiest person on the planet...I know 3 year olds that eat more food than I do.

I don't like eggs unless they are in baked goods (something about the texture) I don't like meat much at all, certainly nothing red..chicken is ok from time to time as is turkey but not that often. I am not a huge fan of tofu, at all...I *do* like cheese and most dairy products.

Help me?!

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2008, 11:37 AM   #2
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Re: I need some craving support

I'm no help, but I'm sure that there will be someone who can. You can do it!!
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:44 AM   #3
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am totally with you!! I started cutting out sugar yesterday because it was out of control!! I was eating desert for EVERY meal and some inbetween!! I CRAVE CRAVE CRAVE IT. Nearly all I think about is when I can eat more sugar. I ate a bag of marshmallows in 2 days (it would have been one but I was embarrassed to have dh find out!). I've had three bags of candy hearts in the last two weeks. I keep an open bag of chocolate chips to munch on...it goes on and on!

I thought maybe it was the pregnancy, but:
I was doing some reading on sugar addiction and I believe it 's real. I have a friend at work who says it takes a good 3 days to kick the habit and the three days are awful. Yesterday wasn't all that bad but I was at work, so not that much time to think about it.

Today we have our niece's bday party and I'm trying to decide what to do about the cake. Can I resist??

I really want some ice cream right now...AH! I've been trying to replace sweet snacks with peanut butter and crackers- I know it's not the best and to really beat the addiction you have to cut out white breads and pastas, but that's not realistic for me...I just need to get a handle on the sweets.

I'm here for support!!!
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:55 AM   #4
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirasmom View Post
I am totally with you!! I started cutting out sugar yesterday because it was out of control!! I was eating desert for EVERY meal and some inbetween!! I CRAVE CRAVE CRAVE IT. Nearly all I think about is when I can eat more sugar. I ate a bag of marshmallows in 2 days (it would have been one but I was embarrassed to have dh find out!). I've had three bags of candy hearts in the last two weeks. I keep an open bag of chocolate chips to munch on...it goes on and on!

I thought maybe it was the pregnancy, but:
I was doing some reading on sugar addiction and I believe it 's real. I have a friend at work who says it takes a good 3 days to kick the habit and the three days are awful. Yesterday wasn't all that bad but I was at work, so not that much time to think about it.

Today we have our niece's bday party and I'm trying to decide what to do about the cake. Can I resist??

I really want some ice cream right now...AH! I've been trying to replace sweet snacks with peanut butter and crackers- I know it's not the best and to really beat the addiction you have to cut out white breads and pastas, but that's not realistic for me...I just need to get a handle on the sweets.

I'm here for support!!!
I am so glad not to be alone! I had a box of whoppers in about 3 days...I am *constantly* trying to find something sweet to snack on. I *try* not to buy the bad food but if I don't I wind up dragging myself out to get something sweet anyway because the cravings are so strong.

I have resorted to try and get just hard candies...things that take longer to eat per candy so at least that way it will take a little longer...

I have also been trying to at least substitute for "healthier" sweets....ie, I want cake in the middle of the afternoon...try some maple brown sugar oatmeal first etc....

I know what you mean too...it is completely unrealistic for me to cut out white bread and pasta...they are my life source.

Maybe we can band together!
Old 02-02-2008, 01:03 PM   #5
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Haha- I just had some spinach ravioli for lunch that was very good...now I can't stop thinking about what I want that's sweet! AH!! I hate this feeling. I am sipping on a diet coke which is semisweet to me, but it sure isn't chocolate. My dh keeps yelling at me to drop the grouch. He just can't understand! I'm going to Kohls- perhaps that will take my mind off it!
Cautiously expecting #5
Old 02-02-2008, 02:39 PM   #6
jennsmile
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Natural Sweets.

Bananas. Red Raspberry leaf tea, add some honey and wean yourself off. Apples, pineapple, kiwi, oranges, grapes, strawberries, cantalope, watermelon. Stock up on fruit and when you find yourself craving sweets go for fruit.

I am going to go guzzle my lemonade, eat my oreos and think about kicking sweets next week. And did I mention a Salt habit, doritos, cheetos,...

Jenn

Fort Hood Mama's check out LLL of Killeen
jennsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:10 PM   #7
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I did give in and eat a piece of cake at the bday party I guess I'll have to start over tomorrow! Oh well...at least that's only one dessert for today- not 3 or more!
Cautiously expecting #5
Old 02-02-2008, 08:19 PM   #8
Amberjoe_1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like sweets too.. I gotta say I agree with fresh pineapple..if you haven't ever bought a pineapple and cut it up yourself you don't know what you are missing! That stuff is just awesome!!! I wouldn't mind having some right now! yummy!

I know this will sound funny..but on the biggest loser they chew gum when they have sweet cravings. hehe Maybe try that out too. My problem is definitely soda though. That is bad..my midwife wnts me to shoot for drinking a gallon of water. Yikes!
Anyway you guys aren't alone! Try and get a bunch of protein! Yogurt is a good sweet that is got protein (the whipped is yummy!). Also, frozen yogurt is better than ice cream..doesn't have the protein that regular yogurt does.
Seriously though..treat yourself to pineapple..mmmm and strawberries!

See what's new @ Monster Fluff Studio's Blog
Amberjoe_1 is offline   Reply With Quote