Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2008, 07:40 AM   #1
LaniMami
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cholesterol lowering recipes/foods???

Hey mamas, I need some help! My dh has a family history of high cholesterol, and he seems to be following the trend. A few years ago it was about 198, and we did some dietary changes, and it went down. Now he just called me and was very upset, it was about 240!!! I am so worried, I know that can lead to heart disease, and my family also has a history of heart problems, so we are extremely worried about our kids health as well. We dont eat fried food, eat out maybe once a week, which I am going to cut out all together except for special occasions (bdays, anniversary, etc) because I know it isnt healthy, and it sure aint cheap! I suggested eating less meat, but he always huffs and puffs when I say it, as if he doesnt think that would help--he loves his meat! We love salmon, so I will try to include that more in our diets. We use olive oil, I am going to limit his egg intake, and we will be switching to whole wheat pasta, and brown rice only. We already eat WW bread...I make our own deserts, but I am going to have to look for lower fat alternatives. Any recipe ideas??? Book recs??? TIA!!!

Advertisement