View Poll Results: Do you HH prints leak?
Yes, thats why I dont buy them anymore 10 38.46%
No, they are great 7 26.92%
sometimes explain 8 30.77%
other explain 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2006, 02:51 PM   #11
amanda w.
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do HH's prints Leak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by somersocial
Mine did sometimes...I never trusted them for naps, but used them anyway for the cuteness factor.

I just wanted to add that I used a rotation of 10 HH prints and 10 HH solids and always dried them in the dryer as the manufactuer states is fine to do. After about 3 months of machine drying, the knit and cotton prints are pretty beat up, shrunk, etc. (tiny holes along edge of tops of all diapers) and the solids have held up nicely.

I was new to cd at the time and now understand different fabrics and would have cared for the prints differently. SOOO......my advice is to line dry prints!

HTH!
Niccole

edited to add - I don't like how the lamination is "bubbly" inside of the pockets after the first wash. I have read other posts that explain that can happen when the fabric isn't preshrunk before lamination...why more than you asked for...sorry!
No not more then I asked for, good to know!

Advertisement

amanda w. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:31 PM   #12
clothdiaperoutlet
Registered Users

My Mood:

I used to have two used HH prints. They leaked immediately. Now I have two new HH prints and I've never had a leak. The poster who said to line dry prints--that's a good idea. I always dry all of my pockets, but will probably start line drying the two prints to make them last longer.

Serving families since 2005!
clothdiaperoutlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:14 PM   #13
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my prints wick pretty bad if i leave them on too long. i just have to make sure and change often enough, and if we are going to be out of the house, i don't use them.

thanks for the line-drying tip! i will have to remember that if (who am i kidding-WHEN) i buy more print dipes.
titania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:05 PM   #14
HappyHeinys
Registered Users

just thought I would give you a few answers

The solids are made from polyester knit this is why they do not wick which is what your question really is. Wicking is where the whole diaper gets wet on the outside.
Most solid pockets are made from the same fabric from the same company, the difference is in the thickness of the lamination. Some use a thinner one some use the thicker one. Ours is thicker but FB is thinner. It is just a preference of the person making the diapers. For sewing it's easier for us to use the thicker one.

The prints are made of 100% woven or knit cotton. No matter what we do cotton will absorb liquid. So if the inserts are wet and there is no place for the urine to go it will wick out to the cotton and the cotton will absorb it.

The laminating of the print is the same exact laminating of the cotton. There are no differences.
You should never pre-wash your cotton before laminating because that will cause inconsistencies in the laminating and makes it harder for them. When they laminate they do it with intense heat that shrinks the fabric
What actually causes the bubbles/delaminating is the dye in the fabric or when there is something else on the fabric like wax. Nothing you or I would be able to see but somethiing from the dye process.
There is not one specific color or manufacturer that will cause this problem. It really is a fluke but delaminating is also a defect.

There are some prints that won't wick. Like the FB prints. She has these actually put onto the solid colors which is why they are different then other prints. Poly prints also do not tend to wick very much.

We have opted to tell people that prints are a day-time use diaper 1 1/2-3 hour use depending on your child. If the insert is wet you need to change the diaper. This way we can offer a variety of prints instead of just a couple. 75% of people can use prints all night with no problems. The others can not. There are some who can not use prints at all.
If you have questions about how they will work with your child buy 1 and try it out. Then make an informed decision based on your experience
HTH
www.happyheinys.com
HappyHeinys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:35 PM   #15
itsmelanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never noticed a difference in the solid and prints. My DS isn't a super soaker though, he's a pretty light wetter. I haven't tried, but I'll bet he could easily make it through the night in a print.
itsmelanie is offline   Reply With Quote