Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2008, 02:27 AM   #11
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Spotting / Cramps around 7 weeks?

Do you have an update? Are you feeling better? Has the bleeding stopped?

I hope everything is fine now!

Advertisement

Old 01-28-2008, 07:03 AM   #12
elienai
Registered Users
Formerly: Desert_Rose
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothDiaperingMama View Post
Do you have an update? Are you feeling better? Has the bleeding stopped?

I hope everything is fine now!
I'm still bleeding, but not heavy. Nothing has passed, not even clots. I had pretty bad cramping yesterday and started taking Arnica every 2 hours. That took care of the pain. This morning there is no pain, just bleeding.

Sure wish I knew... I guess time will tell.
elienai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:54 AM   #13
the8dunlaps
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hugs mama. Take it easy, I hope it's nothing and that the baby is healthy and thriving.

http://https://www.facebook.com/TheHappyHippos
Cloth diapers, accessories, baby gowns, nursing cover ups, towels, blankets, capes and more!!!
the8dunlaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:17 PM   #14
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful_mama View Post
I'm still bleeding, but not heavy. Nothing has passed, not even clots. I had pretty bad cramping yesterday and started taking Arnica every 2 hours. That took care of the pain. This morning there is no pain, just bleeding.

Sure wish I knew... I guess time will tell.

Hopefully since the pain stopped.. things are okay. I sure hope so! That has to be so scary and I am so very sorry that you are having to go through this. Since you haven't passed anything.. hopefully that means that you are just having some odd bleeding and it will pass.

Please keep us updated {if you want} and you are in our thoughts!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:57 AM   #15
isabelsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is exactly the post I was hoping was out there. I am going through the same thing right now & we haven't told anyone so I don't have anyone to talk to about it. I am 6 weeks and have been bleeding since last night. I have a dr appt later today to get it checked out, but have been SO afraid it is a mc, so it was good to find this post and see it may not be.
I hope all is well with you mama, and thanks to the other mamas who replied to this post. It helps to know this may be normal.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:01 AM   #16
elienai
Registered Users
Formerly: Desert_Rose
seller
seller

You will never believe this!! The hospital messed up totally!! I originally went in for a bladder infection. Our entire family had the flu really bad and after 24 hours I still couldn't keep fluids down. It was around 11:30 on a Monday night so I figured I'd better go asap as I seem to go down hill fast when I get a bladder infection. I get to the hospital with 3 of our 5 sick children in tow. My DH had the other 2 who were too sick to travel. He was sick too!! They test for an infection and I guess they tested for pregnancy too since I told them there is always a possibility I could be expecting.

I didn't know they were going to test for pregnancy and have to admit I was surprised when the nurse came back and said I was pregnant!! We had no idea!! Our DS is only 3.5 months and I had yet to have my pp period. Well, I went home later after being treated for the infection and told my DH the wonderful news!! We were walking on air for the next 3 days.

Then I started spotting/bleeding. I felt like my world was crashing all around me. I have never had a miscarriage before. Bleeding lasted for 7 days exactly and I finally wondered about the test they had done at the hospital. I went out and bought a test. It said not pregnant. I'd love to know how they messed up a pregnancy test?!

I am upset with the hospital and will be giving them a piece of my mind. That has to be the WORST week in my entire life. Not to mention it could have cost us a lot of money if my midwife had requested blood tests and ultrasounds to confirm.

Anyway, I am fine and thankful the drama is over. My faith in hospital staff has just been lowered considerably!!
elienai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:33 AM   #17
S Starr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, mama! I'm glad you know what's going on, but what a rollercoaster of emotions to ride!
Old 02-04-2008, 10:50 AM   #18
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful_mama View Post
You will never believe this!! The hospital messed up totally!! I originally went in for a bladder infection. Our entire family had the flu really bad and after 24 hours I still couldn't keep fluids down. It was around 11:30 on a Monday night so I figured I'd better go asap as I seem to go down hill fast when I get a bladder infection. I get to the hospital with 3 of our 5 sick children in tow. My DH had the other 2 who were too sick to travel. He was sick too!! They test for an infection and I guess they tested for pregnancy too since I told them there is always a possibility I could be expecting.

I didn't know they were going to test for pregnancy and have to admit I was surprised when the nurse came back and said I was pregnant!! We had no idea!! Our DS is only 3.5 months and I had yet to have my pp period. Well, I went home later after being treated for the infection and told my DH the wonderful news!! We were walking on air for the next 3 days.

Then I started spotting/bleeding. I felt like my world was crashing all around me. I have never had a miscarriage before. Bleeding lasted for 7 days exactly and I finally wondered about the test they had done at the hospital. I went out and bought a test. It said not pregnant. I'd love to know how they messed up a pregnancy test?!

I am upset with the hospital and will be giving them a piece of my mind. That has to be the WORST week in my entire life. Not to mention it could have cost us a lot of money if my midwife had requested blood tests and ultrasounds to confirm.

Anyway, I am fine and thankful the drama is over. My faith in hospital staff has just been lowered considerably!!

I'm glad you know what's going on but I wanted to share something with you. I got a positive pregnancy test and was floored as my dd was only 6 months old. then I too started cramping and bleeding a bit. A week later I went for bloodwork and now it said not pregnant. Apparently there was no mix up. The pregnancy did in fact occur (implanted) but it just didn't stick. A lot of pregnancies end this way, most people just think they were late though.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #19
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowingUpMad View Post
I'm glad you know what's going on but I wanted to share something with you. I got a positive pregnancy test and was floored as my dd was only 6 months old. then I too started cramping and bleeding a bit. A week later I went for bloodwork and now it said not pregnant. Apparently there was no mix up. The pregnancy did in fact occur (implanted) but it just didn't stick. A lot of pregnancies end this way, most people just think they were late though.
This happened to me too.. I would still follow up, maybe ask to get your levels checked.. in my case I needed rhogam..
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:35 PM   #20
jesshb
Registered Users
seller

Re: Spotting / Cramps around 7 weeks? *UPDATE*

This happened to me too mama. Some call it a "chemical pregnancy" or when your levels are high enough to detect a fertilized egg...but for whatever reason the egg doesn't implant or the egg sac doesn't develop into an embryo. However, I know that even though I was only pregnant for about 6 weeks, it was a very intense experience emotionally and physically.

I agree with pp, it would be good to follow up to make sure everything has passed.