Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-07-2008, 11:37 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Share your amazing, true EC stories!

My 10, almost 11, week old has been doing great at cueing me when he has to go. Yesterday, I was wearing him in a sling (kangaroo facing out) and he started to fuss a little. I thought maybe he was bored, so I got up from the computer and started to walk around the apartment. We stopped at the full length mirror in the hall to entertain him. He still fussed, so I looked at him in the mirror and asked, "What is it? Are you hungry? Do you have to potty? Go pee pee? Go poopy?" When I said the last bit, his face opened up like, YES! I recognize that phrase. I think that's it! I was skeptical, but took him to the potty anyway. He peed immediately but didn't poop. I laughed, "I think you think poopy means all kinds of pottying." Before I finished the sentence - SPLURT!!!! Big poopy in the potty. Um, yeah, serves me right for being skeptical. I still can't get over how much they are able to communicate and hold at this age.

~~Grace~~ Mommy to bright-eyed Reed since 11/17/07 and fuzzy-headed Garrett since 4/29/11
Inventor of Improved Pop-Up Wipes folding!
gracefaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Share your amazing, true EC stories!

My third baby was the first one we ec'd from birth. I was amazed to see that he could sign "POTTY" to me to let me know he had to go at only four months old!
SAH AP HS CD EC EBF NYC Mom to two girls & two boys! Anybody wanna come play? Especially looking for a sewing/crafting buddy
SandraMort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:47 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

when i first learned about ECing almost 3yrs ago, I thought the idea of *just knowing* when your little on had to potty sounded a bit fishy... but still to this date (with DS PL @ 10.5mo, then setback and again @2yr) I will every now and then just get this "feeling" that I need to take DS, or not even to take him. Sometimes i just think of him, or that it's been a while since he's asked to potty, or when he was younger, it had been a while since he brought his potty to me. Anyhow, when i ignored that *feeling* is when he would no sooner come to me having had an accident in his pants. If nothing else, EC has made me way more connected and in tune to my LO needs. I can't speak more highly of what EC has done for my LOs!!!!
Kelli wife to army pilot Troy , and mommy to Bryce Evan 10-28-05 , and Kiely Christine 9-22-07 (daddy's best birthday gift ever!)

kthiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:15 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

We started ECing when Devon was four months old and within weeks we were catching 25% of her pees and about 95% of her poops on the potty. There were people that had a hard time believing that she understood what the potty was for and that she could actually control her bowel and bladder muscles at such a young age. Then at 10 months old, Devon came down with rotavirus. She spent one day vomiting and the rest of the week with diarrhea. I was prepared to have to change a few ucky diapers, but still stuck with our normal potty routine. Even though she had diarrhea, we still caught all of her poops on the potty!!!! You can bet that I praised her tons for making it to the potty even when she was feeling awful.
Even more intersting was the fact that I was clued into her not feeling well the morning before she fell ill. She had pooped on the floor and appeared very surprised by it. I thought "That's strange", because that had never happened before. And then several hours later she vomited. Because of what had happened earlier, I took her symptoms seriously and got her to the hospital for fluids. Because of EC, I was clued into my baby's rhythms and knew when something was not right.
~STACEY~ Wife to Todd since 12/19/99 mama to petite princess Devon 1/02/07 and chunky monkey Landon 3/02/09
sdevonh is offline   Reply With Quote