Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2006, 12:54 AM   #1
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

Does anyone else here have serious parenting anxiety?

do you have anxiety whne it comes to certian things? I have huge amounts of anxiety when it comes to doc appointments and i am beyond stressed out about sids. I worry a lot about that stuff. I just wish i could relax!

Advertisement

Last edited by pinkflamingos77; 09-05-2006 at 12:58 AM.
pinkflamingos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:57 AM   #2
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone else here have serious parenting anxiety?

In general, I have anxiety about the little things...I freak out with ds won't listen, or is throwing a fit, I know he's just 4, but in my mind it means that he's going to be a hellion down the road (he doesn't do it everyday, but when he gets in a mood, it stresses me out that he's going to be a 'bad kid'). Doc appts don't do it so much, but bumps and bruises, yes...I lived in foster care when I was little, and I remember having to account for every single bump and bruise on my body so that people didn't think I was being beat...so, that is a huge fear of mine. After ds#2 was born, I actually went and got on a medication for the anxiety...I didn't have ppd, but was definately loosing my mind! I was on it for about 6 mos, and now off b/c i'm preggers again, and I feel so much better! I actually feel like the world isn't coming down around me when my kids are maybe acting a little off for a day, and I'm not so much freaked out about people judging me as a parent. I completely understand the anxiety, but we just have to take things with stride, and they will be fine!

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:14 AM   #3
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

I can tell you that after I lost my dd, Emily, I just knew that everyone that I ever loved would die soon too. I was totally paraniod about my son, my dh is a safety nut too, so that didn't help. When I got pregnant with Caitlyn, I felt like nothing was ever for sure about her. I didn't really thing that something would end her life too, I just wasn't certain that everything would be alright. I had a conversation with my dh about when I would be induced (diabetes) and he wanted to wait because of work and I explained to him that I didn't trust my body and that I wouldn't feel good until I held her in my arms and she was healthy. Well, I didn't even feel confident after her birth. I just knew that after I brought her home, she would die of sids. I think on a certain level, I felt like it was all just too good to be true, like I would wake up one day and I would go back to my old life. I don't really know what made the difference for me. I did take some meds for depression after I lost my dd, up to about November of this year. I took different ones, so I can't say exactly what brand made the difference for me. Now I think I'm back to my relaxed self. I wish I could give you some advice. Maybe you could see a counselor or talk with your doctor about it.
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:27 AM   #4
scwendy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflamingos77
do you have anxiety whne it comes to certian things? I have huge amounts of anxiety when it comes to doc appointments and i am beyond stressed out about sids. I worry a lot about that stuff. I just wish i could relax!
Wait until they get to school.

For me, I have had sleepless nights and sat on my bed and cried over my DS' (12 yr old) grades. He is very scattered and easily distracted and we go through rough periods from time to time. Even though he is and always has been in the gifted classes and never gotten below a B in any class on a report card, it does not help. Rough patch = emotional breakdown for mom.

(((HUGS)))
scwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:37 PM   #5
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scwendy
Wait until they get to school.

For me, I have had sleepless nights and sat on my bed and cried over my DS' (12 yr old) grades. He is very scattered and easily distracted and we go through rough periods from time to time. Even though he is and always has been in the gifted classes and never gotten below a B in any class on a report card, it does not help. Rough patch = emotional breakdown for mom.

(((HUGS)))

I have 2 that are in school. My boys.. they are 6 and 8 and my daughter is 6 months. after having my daughter. My anxiety shot through the roof. I feel like I am a brand new mom all over again and I stress, worry and have anxiety about things that I never did before. I know that is part of being a parent but this is craziness. I hope as my daughter gets older things will calm down for me.

Thanks!
Old 09-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #6
scwendy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflamingos77
I have 2 that are in school. My boys.. they are 6 and 8 and my daughter is 6 months. after having my daughter. My anxiety shot through the roof. I feel like I am a brand new mom all over again and I stress, worry and have anxiety about things that I never did before. I know that is part of being a parent but this is craziness. I hope as my daughter gets older things will calm down for me.

Thanks!
There are 10 years between my older two and my Grace (18 mos) AND I parent very differently. Partly, the things I worry about are because I am older and maybe more mature, well read or whatever, KWIM?

I worried LESS when I knew LESS.

It is just never easy being a mom I guess, but what a wonderful experience just the same!!!
scwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:52 PM   #7
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

woops

Last edited by pinkflamingos77; 09-05-2006 at 01:53 PM.
pinkflamingos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:53 PM   #8
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scwendy
There are 10 years between my older two and my Grace (18 mos) AND I parent very differently. Partly, the things I worry about are because I am older and maybe more mature, well read or whatever, KWIM?

I worried LESS when I knew LESS.

It is just never easy being a mom I guess, but what a wonderful experience just the same!!!

That makes total sense to me. i am very well aware of more now and I know so much more info then I did with my first 2. Being a mom rocks. i love it! would never trade it in for any other job!