Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2008, 11:55 PM   #1
anj
Registered Users
seller
seller

RME is safe/ legit. right?

So I signed up for an RME account. I was a little hesitant, but since stores I have purchased from before are now taking it, I figured it was fine.

However, I just read this blog: http://thedramaofdiaperswappers.word...heft/#comments

And it kinda made me nervous. Anyone care to reassure me that no one is going to steal my identity because I have an RME account?

Advertisement

Old 02-09-2008, 12:22 AM   #2
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: RME is safe/ legit. right?

Sry, mama. My instincts say NO to RME. Like many mamas, I'm sitting back and watching. I'm not thrilled w/ the exhorbitant fees PP charges, but I'm even less secure in giving such personal info. to a company I know nothing about. Don't get me started on the 'free money' thing (of course, if the gov't can do it...)
I have a feeling RME isn't going to be around for long, so I'm neither offering nor accepting it for biz or pleasure. (I have no facts to back up my feeling--just an unsettled feeling from the min. I heard about it.)
Old 02-09-2008, 12:24 AM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I also am not siging up, something just doesn't feel right
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:47 AM   #4
anj
Registered Users
seller
seller

Okay. So I just did some online research and came to the conclusion RME seems okay. Not trying to talk anyone else into trying it- I'm not qualified to make that recommendation, but if you google "revolutionary money exchange" you can get more info.

Here's the link to a usatoday article:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/techinv...eve-case_N.htm

I'd still love to hear some reassurance, though.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:47 AM   #5
angeldelight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Once its been arround for a good period of time i would sign up, im a great believer on trusting my instincts and my instincts say no
angeldelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:02 AM   #6
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, its fine. I signed up and have had no problems, no spam mail, no phone solicitors, etc. Lots of other mamas have too. The people who have had SSN problems are the exception, not the rule. I can see how people would get nervous when someone asks for your personal info, but with those names backing it, I really don't see how it could be a scam.
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:09 AM   #7
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
Once its been arround for a good period of time i would sign up, im a great believer on trusting my instincts and my instincts say no
No offense, but the reason so many peoples' instinct say "no" is because most people are uncomfortable giving out their SSN online, and this puts up a red flag. I understand this concern, however, the site is secure, and like I said, I don't think AOL founder Ted Leonsis, former United States Treasury Secretary Larry Summers, former Charles Schwab CEO David Pottruck, and former MasterCard International President and CEO Russell Hogg are trying to steal my personal info. They are also "backed by Citi, Morgan Stanley and Deutsche Bank." The "catch" to RME is that you can't pay with whatever credit card you want. If you want to pay by credit card, you apply for THEIR credit card and can pay thru it. That will be how they make their money.

So rest easy, your personal info is safe.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:23 AM   #8
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Banks give u money for opening an account. How is that any different from the RME offer?

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:45 AM   #9
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not any bank I've had, but banks are backed by the FDIC--the gov't guarantees to have your money for you, no matter what. What's backing RME?
Old 02-09-2008, 01:54 AM   #10
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenwaitingalongtime View Post
Not any bank I've had, but banks are backed by the FDIC--the gov't guarantees to have your money for you, no matter what. What's backing RME?
FDIC?

From the site:

"Account issued by First Bank & Trust, Brookings, SD, Member FDIC and part of the Fishback Financial Corporation."

Here is another quote from the site:

"Q. How does MoneyExchange work?

A. To use MoneyExchange, the first thing you need to do is sign up for a MoneyExchange account. When you sign up, you will establish a stored value account with First Bank & Trust, Brookings, South Dakota (Member FDIC), which is also referred to as your MoneyExchange account. "

Last edited by tessa1002; 02-09-2008 at 02:03 AM.