Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-05-2006, 03:16 PM   #1
Registered Users
Cool Please help me---new to CDing!

Okay, so I have asked this before, but haven't gotten too many answers. Can you please let me know the correct way to wash my diapers? I am new to Cding and am therefore trying out a bunch of different diapers and types.

I need to know how to wash the following:

1) prefolds (used ones)

2) CB stay dry liners and doublers (new)

3) fitteds (used)

4) AIO's (used)

5) wool soakers (new---never been lanolized either and no wool wash)

Which ones can be washed together? And which can I dry in the dryer and which ones must line dry? Can I dry them all together?

I don't want to ruin the diapers that I have in case they don't work out and I want to sell them to someone else, KWIM? I am confused about rinses and such. So far I have only washed my fitteds, one AIO, and prefolds in a hot/cold wash with an extra rinse. I would rather not have to deal with vinegar and baking soda unless I find I have a stench problem---which I haven't yet. I have been using a detergent that we get in bulk from Sears---Ultra something or other. I only use half of the regular amount. Is there something that I am doing wrong or need to do? Please help me ASAP. I need to do laundry every day right now.

hmvanhoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:22 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Please help me---new to CDing!

I wash all cloth diapers together, including doublers and liners, Hot water, bout 1/4 the amount of laudnry soap it calls for, couple extra rinses. I also presoak cloth diapers in cold water for at least an hour b4 i wash, if they have smellies I add a little white distilled vinegar to the presoak. I use Sun detergent on diapers but there are many that you can use, Purex Free and Clear is Safe, Sportswash is good, Sensiclean, and some others, google safe detergents for cloth diapers and it should bring some stuff up for you. On lanolizing wool, I have instructions on my website on how to do it, washing and lanolizing, you don't HAVE to use wool wash, I use the lavendar baby wash from walmart for 96c..

Now, covers like Pul covers, Bummis's super whisper wraps, Bummis originals, bumkins wraps, etc (cept wool) I wash by hand in warm soapy water (usually the lavendar baby wash too) and rinse then hang dry. I think covers last longer hand washed instead of the washer. Every once in a while I'll throw them in with the diapers but I don't dry them in the dryer.

Retha, Single, Jesus Loving, HSing, Sahm to Matthew 12-2-91 & Marleigh 7-12-04
beepsmnms is offline   Reply With Quote