Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2008, 05:07 AM   #11
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: RME is safe/ legit. right?

It's not for me either- I don't need another way to pay people online anyway! I can get rid of my money easily enough!

Advertisement

athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:41 AM   #12
amjbmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I decided not to sign up either.... I think it's someones personal decision whether or not they feel safe signing up with ANYTHING. I could've honestly gone either way with RME but decided not to pretty much because I didn't need another way to spend $$ I actually just cancelled my pp acct the other day... it was just TOO easy for me to spend $$ on things I didn't need knowing that pp (or RME if I had signed up) is there. I don't really sell much any more either so I don't really have the need for a pp acct. I figure if I do want to sell something a good old money order will work for me. Just my
Old 02-09-2008, 05:47 AM   #13
sjccheerdoll
Registered Users
seller

I signed up for it, had no problems, and still have no problems. I have it linked to an account specifically for PP/RME, so in the event of any issues, the account doesn't have a ton of money in it that can get held up, like I know has happened to some people with PP.
and our tiniest human, born free summer 2014
sjccheerdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:14 AM   #14
mommyof4es
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa1002 View Post
No offense, but the reason so many peoples' instinct say "no" is because most people are uncomfortable giving out their SSN online, and this puts up a red flag. I understand this concern, however, the site is secure, and like I said, I don't think AOL founder Ted Leonsis, former United States Treasury Secretary Larry Summers, former Charles Schwab CEO David Pottruck, and former MasterCard International President and CEO Russell Hogg are trying to steal my personal info. They are also "backed by Citi, Morgan Stanley and Deutsche Bank." The "catch" to RME is that you can't pay with whatever credit card you want. If you want to pay by credit card, you apply for THEIR credit card and can pay thru it. That will be how they make their money.

So rest easy, your personal info is safe.
ugh to AOL, talk about Big Brother, double (sometimes triple) billing, and letting psycho stalkers find you thru unscrupulous mods

ugh to Citifinancial - the ORIGINAL loan sharks

and ugh to Deutsche Bank who is in serious trouble in Ohio for their foreclosure rate, selling loans to "banks" that don't credit mortgage payments, etc.

Needless to say I'm not signing up.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:17 AM   #15
mommyof4es
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa1002 View Post
FDIC?

From the site:

"Account issued by First Bank & Trust, Brookings, SD, Member FDIC and part of the Fishback Financial Corporation."

Here is another quote from the site:

"Q. How does MoneyExchange work?

A. To use MoneyExchange, the first thing you need to do is sign up for a MoneyExchange account. When you sign up, you will establish a stored value account with First Bank & Trust, Brookings, South Dakota (Member FDIC), which is also referred to as your MoneyExchange account. "
Just throwing this out, I have no idea.
Has anyone researched this particular bank? I've never heard of them or the Fishback corp.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:29 AM   #16
Elph
Registered Users

My Mood:

we've had accounts through this bank before
RME is legit . I signed up and then later decided to cancel i don't need anymore ways to send money either. Cept it won't allow me to cancel. It has taken off all of my options but left me with the option to log in and i still have that 25$ free sign up money in there.
so that is probably why it didn't really cancel my account but it left me with no option to even use it. Everything I do it auto logs me out
I guess I have to call to go on and cancel. They don't seem to answer their emails.
Elph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:32 AM   #17
micael
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenwaitingalongtime View Post
Sry, mama. My instincts say NO to RME. Like many mamas, I'm sitting back and watching. I'm not thrilled w/ the exhorbitant fees PP charges, but I'm even less secure in giving such personal info. to a company I know nothing about. Don't get me started on the 'free money' thing (of course, if the gov't can do it...)
I have a feeling RME isn't going to be around for long, so I'm neither offering nor accepting it for biz or pleasure. (I have no facts to back up my feeling--just an unsettled feeling from the min. I heard about it.)
I could've written that word for word.

It's tempting to sign up for that $25 and spend it, but something on my insides just won't let me. Something isn't right about it all.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:06 AM   #18
faith11
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe some gals who have had RME from the beginning and have moved money into their account can come on here and say whether they have had problems or not. I haven't tried that yet. Anyone deposited RME money into their bank account, like you can do with paypal?
Old 02-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #19
heidisue
seller
seller

My Mood:

FDIC backs RME as well. PP asked for my soc # - it is for a cc account, but they got it none the less. I searched around on my bank site and found the same "we can sell your info" disclosure. I got money to sign up for my bank account and paypal - it is all the same thing. If you are uncomfortable then don't do it, but I believe it is totally safe.
heidisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:39 AM   #20
tiredmommyof8
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidisue View Post
FDIC backs RME as well. PP asked for my soc # - it is for a cc account, but they got it none the less. I searched around on my bank site and found the same "we can sell your info" disclosure. I got money to sign up for my bank account and paypal - it is all the same thing. If you are uncomfortable then don't do it, but I believe it is totally safe.
Ditto on all that Heidisue said .

Kate~ Now an exhausted Mommy of 9!
ISO/IHA
tiredmommyof8 is online now   Reply With Quote