Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2006, 01:59 PM   #1
BambooMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How do you know if she's sensitive to suedecloth?

My dd was in a diaper for about 2 hours this morning (and the rest was all nakey bum time), and she's got a rash!!!! It's sort of red bumps above her girlie parts (sorry, TMI I know), and then a little bit in the top fold where her leg starts. I'm not sure how this would happen with so little time in a dipe. For those of you with DCs with suedecloth sensitivities, how did you know that was it? When we go out we're now using Daisy Doodles AI2s, and that one has suedecloth as the inner. Mid-trip she was changed into a fitted/wool cover, so she was only in the Daisy Doodle for about an hour. Is it possible that she could react this fast???

Advertisement

Old 09-05-2006, 02:08 PM   #2
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Re: How do you know if she's sensitive to suedecloth?

My dd is very sensitive to fleece like that. As soon as fleece touches her, she's red. But the bumps sounds like yeast, although I don't know how she could have gotten a yeast rash that quickly.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:15 PM   #3
BambooMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

here's the weirdest part: I put some bum bum balm on her bum (basically just some oils as a barrier), before I posted, and now the redness is basically gone. I have no clue what is happening.

Aren't there lots of mamas with dcs with sensitivities to SC?????
Old 09-05-2006, 03:18 PM   #4
ShannaMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS got little heatrashy looking red bumps in SC. Went away quickly with Bumbutter! I sold the two SC-inner dipes he had because of it.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:26 PM   #5
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:

I think (but don't know 100%) that my DS is sensitive to SC. He is at least sensitive to BGs with SC! If he is in one for a few hours, it's not a big deal, but if I put him in them all day or even two in a row, his bum gets red. I've never had it really raised bumpy, but it's red and irritated. I have gotten some fleece BGs but I haven't tried them all day yet (usually DH is the one who prefers BGs and he hasn't been around much lately). I think for DS, the problem comes in when they're wet and he wears them wet. Suedecloth isn't as stay-dry as fleece in my experience. Or, rather, it tends to "chafe" more when wet than fleece. Just my
Check out my knitting projects here and my stash here
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:41 PM   #6
ShannaMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccah5
I think (but don't know 100%) that my DS is sensitive to SC. He is at least sensitive to BGs with SC! If he is in one for a few hours, it's not a big deal, but if I put him in them all day or even two in a row, his bum gets red. I've never had it really raised bumpy, but it's red and irritated. I have gotten some fleece BGs but I haven't tried them all day yet (usually DH is the one who prefers BGs and he hasn't been around much lately). I think for DS, the problem comes in when they're wet and he wears them wet. Suedecloth isn't as stay-dry as fleece in my experience. Or, rather, it tends to "chafe" more when wet than fleece. Just my

Nodding. Exactly that, our issues were with SC BG's, too...