Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2006, 10:28 AM   #1
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
WDYT of these Vaccination Books?

I bought 'A Thoughtful Parent's Guide to Vaccinations' yesterday to read on a car trip (heaven forbid I just sit there and do nothing for an hour!) and like how it shows both POV. I definitely want to buy 'What Your Doctor May Not Tell You about Vaccinations' but what about these titles:
-'How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of your Doctor'
-'Raising a Vaccine Free Child'
These any good? Any others you suggest?

We're coming up on DD's 6m ped appt. and have to start thinking about what, if any vaxes we're going to give. I don't want to read the same info. over and over again (it's enough that I have to read while walking from car to work, at stop lights and in the bathroom to squeeze in the time) but want to know all the facts to make educated decisions on the issue.

TIA for any suggestions you can offer!

Advertisement

Old 09-05-2006, 10:40 AM   #2
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Re: WDYT of these Vaccination Books?

I have "What your Doctor may not tell you..." and it's an excellent book. Very neutral IMO and not scary, very factual. She recommends delayed vaxing, but doesn't say it HAS to be that way, kwim? I've heard great things about all the other books you have listed and someday I'll read those too, just for more knowledge

I'd like to get my hands on the "How to raise a healthy child in spite...." just to have and read. I love our Ped, but she is VERY pro-vaxing and we are not
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:59 PM   #3
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the !
Quote:
I love our Ped, but she is VERY pro-vaxing and we are not
Mine, too (though he did waiver on chix pox when I questioned its necessity--polio, too.) He told me that he was ok w. selective/delayed vax, but still feels the need to give me a lecture at ea. appt. We've been telling him we'd start at 6m, so that pacified him a bit. If we decide to delay further, I think we'll have to switch to a holistic ped we have lined up
Old 09-05-2006, 03:52 PM   #4
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Quote:
. We've been telling him we'd start at 6m, so that pacified him a bit.
That's what I told my Ped, too, that we'd selectively start at 6 months, but he goes tomorrow got his 6 month c/u and we're not doing any Hopefully she will just say "OK" and leave it at that from now on.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote