Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2006, 04:21 AM   #11
Mom2Taylor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hotel stay w/ toddler and infant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timetodance
My dd is a little different from most kids in that she will not sleep in the same bed as us. I have tried on several occasions to have her sleep with us but it turns into one big playdate in her mind. She sleeps great, only if she is in her own room.

We try to get a "one bedroom suite" or a "junior suite" that has a seperate living room/bedroom area, and she sleeps in a PNP in the living room part. This is cheaper than a 2 rooms, assures a good nights sleep for her, and part of a nice hotel room for mom and dad .

That is what works for us. Who knows maybe the next kid will sleep well with us.....She is veeery cuddly during the day so I shouldn't complain.
LOL! This is what I'm afraid of. We've stayed in a hotel a few times with her, but when she was between 6 months old to a year old. A little different than an almost 3 yo. I guess I've just come to the conclusion that there may be some sleepless nights or maybe a few not so well rested nights. I think we're going to try to go to a local beach and stay overnight one time and see how that works.

I'll have to ask about the junior suite thing. That sounds like it might work. I did ask if they had cribs and they said they had pack n plays but not cribs. Honestly, I think I'd rather bring our own pack n plays....who knows what they do to clean those things, if anything. We have 2, so if I wanted to bring one for each of the kids, I could. If they don't have the junior suite thing, I think I'm going to go with the 1 bedroom with 2 double beds.

I'm thinking I might invest in one of those blow up toddler beds from one step ahead. It's like an air mattress, but it has a raised part that goes all around the mattress to keep the kids from rolling off of it. Has anyone tried one of those?

Advertisement

Old 09-06-2006, 04:36 AM   #12
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i havent tried the blow up beds but we do have for each of our kids those kids flip out characheter sofas.
whenw e go out of town, we get a single room with 2 queens and i sleep on one with danae and dh sleeps on the other with danny. this has worked for us, i put a pillow on the side so danae doesnt roll over to the floor too.
i like the chairs idea, that sounds great! i was going to suggest bringing a bed rail with you, but the chairs would be cheaper and work just as good.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:08 AM   #13
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

We have traveled many times with my ds who is now 2 and a half. We found the junior suites to be the best. We always bring the pack in play. Ds has always been a good sleeper wherever he is. I bring all of his bedding and stuffed animals that he sleeps with. We like the junior suite because we can put ds down in the pack and play and he will go to sleep, it may take a little longer but he will. We can then stay up later and hang out in the other room. Ds is very schedule oriented. He goes to sleep betwee 8-8:30. If we tried to watch tv after we fell asleep he would wake up. Having 2 seperate rooms has been ideal for us.

On another note, I would try and get a room with a refridgerator and a microwave. Those 2 things are lifesavers when you are traveling with small children so you can keep snacks and drinks on hand.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:47 AM   #14
A'smommy
Registered Users

ITA with the junior suites idea. It's the only thing that has worked for us. We don't cosleep though. When DD was younger she would sleep in the same room as us in the PNP, no problem. Not anymore! She has to have her own room; even the slightest bit of noise rouses her.

The best thing to do is try to re-create home sleeping arrangements as closely as possible. Hotels almost always have cribs (sometimes they're Pack-n-Plays...which is good cause those things are a &*^%$ to move through an airport). Watch out though cause they almost always put blankets, loose bedding, and pillows in the crib! Usually it's no problem to rip out the extra blankets and tuck the sheets in tighter, you just have to be careful not to put the babe in there without checking. There are rental places, too, for strollers, toys, etc. Not sure where you said you were going for the wedding...but most major cities in the US have some kind of rental service. In Phoenix/Scottsdale we used one called Anything for Baby and rented a stroller and a basket of toys and books. Depending on your kids' ages though you might have to bring their own toys. My DD was young enough not to notice the difference. Some resorts have babysitting services too. Call the conceirge and ask them tons of questions. It's their job to answer you.

Hope you have a great time!