Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2006, 09:45 AM   #1
MommyCRat
Registered Users

My Mood:
DH trying to induce me

He's been thinking today is gonna be the baby's bday the whole pregnancy. (Due next wednesday). Little did I know he was gonna try to induce me..He keeps grinning and saying "I wanna see my baby." Yesterday, I'd already walked about 3 miles total during the day. Around the park once, to another park once, and about 20 min at the gym. When we got home, he got *super* romantic and we "dtd" (or however you tactfully say that). After, he goes "Let's go for a walk!" It was now 11:30 pm. We took off walking, and we ended up going about 3 miles and got home at 12:30.

He seemed crestfallen when I didn't explode into labor and have the baby last night, but I did wake up at 5 this morning with alot of BH that make me nauuuuseous when they come. I've got super loose bowels (not the first day in a row, but still), and just feel icky to my tummy. He woke up this morning tweaking my nipples (so much tmi when talking about pregnancy/labor) , and he left for work this morning saying, "I'll hear from you in a couple of hours." He's all giddy, and giggles everytime something is uncomfortable for me. It's super cute, and almost makes me want to do something to help this all along. I think I might walk to the park this morning (if nothing else to work out all my kinks from yesterday!) after I take a shower...any ideas?

Anyway, I thought it was soo cute. I've never heard of a dh trying to induce his wife..anyone else have an anxious hubby?

Advertisement

Old 09-08-2006, 09:53 AM   #2
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: DH trying to induce me

Haha. That is cute! DH didn't get the chance to induce me. I was a month early, with labor brought on by a terrible flu that put me in the hospital the day before.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:09 AM   #3
mamabug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DH thinks he can induce me, too!! He told me that tonight is THE night! He wants to induce...he is a proud papa because my last 2 DSs were born "the morning after"! He thinks he has the touch!
Loving wife to my best friend, Kevin, BFing, CDing, BWing, CSing, Non-vaxing, babyfood making, knitting, Christian SAHM to Randi 10/94 , Heaven 3/96 , Sheldon 7/98 , Peyton 5/00 and Little Kason born Sept 20, 2006!!
mamabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:15 AM   #4
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

That is too funny. Very sweet, too.
I did a lot of walking and "stuff" on my due date and went in labor in the evening and labored all night without sleeping, making pushing baby out the next morning very difficult. I was exhausted. Of course, he came out fine... I just think if I hadn't pushed myself the day before, it would have been easier to push him out.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:41 AM   #5
MommyCRat
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina
That is too funny. Very sweet, too.
I did a lot of walking and "stuff" on my due date and went in labor in the evening and labored all night without sleeping, making pushing baby out the next morning very difficult. I was exhausted. Of course, he came out fine... I just think if I hadn't pushed myself the day before, it would have been easier to push him out.
Yah, I'm kinda concerned about that...But, I've been sleeping when I need to (and VERY hard all of a sudden), so I'm hoping I'll be okay if his efforts prevail. He just came in and out really quick..I whined to him "I don't feeeell good." He (very matter of factly) said, "It's cos you're having a baby soon."
Gotta love confidence.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:00 AM   #6
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awe! How sweet! My hubby is like that too. With our first, we did all kinds of silly stuff: driving down bumpy roads every night, going to the park and getting on the swings, long walks, sex, accupressure, labor salad.. As soon as I'm full-term, he starts working on "getting the baby out".
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:03 AM   #7
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

What a sweetie "helping" you like that! Dtd worked 3 times for us, but it was already a few days past the due date.