Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #1
jeannewojo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
small rant

Ok, I am a lactating lactation counselor lol. I was on my way to work tonight and saw that dh was heating my breastmilk in the MICROWAVE! Apparently he has been doing this since I returned to work in December! He is a Physician Assistant - a medical professional - he sees pediatric patients for heaven's sake. You don't even heat formula in a microwave! Yes, he was putting the whole bottle in there, nipple and all. When I stopped him he said "What, does it turn into formula or something?"

Apparently I have some more work to do.

Anyone use a bottle warmer with good results? I've never tried one, but maybe dh needs one.

Advertisement

Old 02-19-2008, 09:56 PM   #2
silver
Registered Users
seller

Re: small rant

Oh my gosh, I'd be fuming!! I already gave DH "the speech" about breastmilk, and he knows how precious every ounce is to me so if I caught him "abusing" even an ounce of it he'd be sleeping in the dog house. Literally! My breastmilk commandments:

Thou shall not microwave
Thou shall not spill
Thou shall not let spoil

Easy enough
Old 02-19-2008, 10:29 PM   #3
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: small rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
Oh my gosh, I'd be fuming!! I already gave DH "the speech" about breastmilk, and he knows how precious every ounce is to me so if I caught him "abusing" even an ounce of it he'd be sleeping in the dog house. Literally! My breastmilk commandments:

Thou shall not microwave
Thou shall not spill
Thou shall not let spoil

Easy enough
Ha, ha those are great! To op, he's still a MAN I guess! It sounds exactly like my dh, he has his Ph. D, can fly a plane; but can't figure out how to clean up poop or load the dishwasher!

I used the avent warmer with my ds and loved it. It has a timer thing and dh knew exactly what to do. DD never took a bottle, so we didn't use it with her. But, I'd say it might be called for in your case!
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote